Ministry Description: Video Story Producer
The purpose of the Video Story Producer role is to advance the overall mission of Oasis church by Owning, Communicating and Protecting the Vision, Mission, DNA of Oasis Church cross Campus and across all ministry lanes.
The role of the Visual Story Producer is tasked with telling a story through creatively capturing, and editing video content. This position utilizes an eye for film style, a broad understanding of current trends in high-level story telling through video production. The position is responsible for creative development and production of short-form content including, but not limited to, sermon intro videos, short features, interviews, event promos, announcements, and some long-form stories.
General Areas of Responsibilities:
1. Assist with Sunday Production (streaming, live and recording).
2. Creative Service Support (Creative Elements, Series Packaging).
3. Live Shoots.
4. Significant Church Media support including archiving.
5. Event Support.
- *A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to use communications to reach others.
- Excellent creative concept & writing skills.
- Advanced professional experience in producing & editing videos.
- Familiar with audio capture, editing and mixing techniques and equipment.
- Ability to work with High Definition cameras/lighting/audio, Canon DSLRs, knowledge of lenses, etc.
- Understands Data Formats required for various media applications: Video, Web. Applications, Podcasts, iPhone, etc.
- Ability and willingness to accept and execute changes required by Director of Worship Arts & Senior Pastor.
- Macintosh Platform Proficiency.
- Advanced Experience in Final Cut 7, Final Cut X, Adobe CS/CC production software, Adobe Premier or other professional quality software.
- Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign & Illustrator.
- After Effects Proficiency (preferred).
- Experience with QuickTime Pro.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with ProPresenter preferred.
- Experience with Audio Editing.
- Developing opportunities for spiritual and personal leadership growth for all volunteer team members.
- Working tirelessly to point and move people through the Oasis assimilation process.
- Responsible for creating skills training for every volunteer member on the team.
- Assist in the recruitment and development of Worship, Production Backstage team members.
- Ability and willingness to be collaborative and to work independently.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined.
- Strong organizational skills, understands importance of processes, and time management.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to execute and cope with ambiguity.
- Be as strong contributor in the creative process from concept to completion.
- Produce and create motion graphics, message openers/bumpers, event promos, video announcements, and life-change stories for use during services, web, social media, etc.
- Creating a process for consistent capturing of visual and audio.
- Able to find a location, set up a shoot, transport gear (heavy lifting) to location and set up, organize talent, shoot and edit creative video elements from conception to completion.
- Able light location shoots.
- Capture live events and programs on video for promotional use. ?
- Conduct video interviews and gather stories.
- Organize and archive project files and video footage on hard drives.
- Produce creative promotional pieces for various departments and ministries. ?
- Edit, export and upload all weekly message podcast. ?
- Coach production interns and volunteers and delegate responsibilities.
- Utilizing the weekends to capture stories, video footage, cross-campus.
- Collaborating Worship and Production Arts team as needed to cover when and where needed or need overflow assistance.
- Collaborating with the Communications Team to build a photography team for footage capturing.
- Periodically travel to staff retreats, events, mission trips, or locations need to capture video or audio content pertinent to enhance and communicate the Oasis Vision and purpose.
- Update and manage Vimeo, YouTube, and Series Engine account.
- Remain current on technologies, trends and styles used in the marketing, design and video industries.
- Create an organizational system for all video/film equipment.
- Collaborate and co-lead the development of the online experience.
- Champion the development, planning, implementation and managing of Video teaching a cross-campus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of employees. Oasis Church Leadership reserves the right to revise the position, its job functions, minimum qualifications and other aspects of the position in any way at any time.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Technical DirectorSlingshot Group
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 19