First United Methodist Church
P.O. Box 216 Greensboro, GA 30642
In an effort to live out our church mission of “making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”, our church family is seeking the ideal candidate for a newly created position:
Minister of Young Adults and Families With Children and Youth
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Pastor, develops, implements, and manages programs and activities that will build and grow a dynamic ministry to families with children and youth.
Key Job Duties:
- Provide spiritual leadership for all aspects of the ministry to families with children and youth through programs, activities, outreach, missions, mentoring and counseling. Emphasis will be given to integrating children and youth in worship and church activities
and into the full life of the church, helping them grow as disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Manage and coordinate the families with children and youth ministry calendar, budget, equipment, supplies, and facilities.
- Build, create, and nurture positive relationships with children and youth in the community, including “inactives” within the congregation, by interacting in their school setting; sporting, art, and club activities; and community events.
- Build supportive and mutually respectful relationships by spending quality time with families with children and youth. Also builds strong relationships with the adult membership of the church and strives to engage them in the ministry to families with children
- Establish effective and regular communication with families with children and youth. Also, provides regular updates to the church membership on families with children and youth programs and activities.
- Develops and manages a network of volunteers who help achieve the objectives of the ministry. This responsibility includes the recruitment, training, scheduling, and direction of the volunteers. Emphasis will be given to broadening the base of volunteers
beyond just the parents of the children and youth being served.
- Provides overall direction of the Sunday School program for children and youth. Includes recruitment, training, and direction of the Sunday School teachers and collaborative selection of the “curriculum” used.
- Provides overall management of the nursery including recruitment, training, and oversight of staff.
- Works with appropriate church committees and lay leaders to develop and administer the annual Vacation Bible School program.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of children and youth programs comply with the Church’s Safe Sanctuary program. This includes organizing and ensuring that Safe Sanctuary training is provided to all church staff and volunteers involved in children
and youth activities and programs.
- Working with the ministerial staff and lay leaders assists with the planning and coordination of Confirmation Class activities.
- Works with other members of the church staff in a collaborative, respectful, and supportive manner to achieve overall church goals and objectives.
- Participates in continuing education opportunities in children, youth, and family ministries.
- Regularly attends Sunday morning worship services and assists the ministerial staff with worship as needed and requested.
- Professional minister (ordination not a requirement but welcomed) with a vision, passion, and calling for ministry to families with children and youth.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing creative and dynamic children and youth programs and ministries.
- Self motivated leader with perseverance and strong results orientation.
- Creative thinker and problem solver. Capable of creating and executing a long term vision for the ministry to families with children and youth.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to relate to and gain the confidence of families with children and youth.
- Well schooled and comfortable with the use of social media to communicate and connect with families with children and youth.
- Skilled in the use of computer office software applications such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- United Methodist or Wesleyan background desirable
- BS degree with certification in children and youth ministries desirable
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience, background and education.
*Submit resumes to Ken Bonifay at firstname.lastname@example.org AND Pamela Luke at