YOUTH PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Church Profile: First and foremost, Long Beach Alliance Church (LBAC) is a church gripped by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel has secured us in our salvation, is sanctifying us as disciples,
and is our hope for future glorification with God in eternity. We are theologically Gospel-centered, a church delighted by the all-sufficient centrality of the Gospel! The Gospel has chosen us for adoption, selected as God’s own family.
We take family seriously at Long Beach Alliance, treating one another as brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, grandparents and grandchildren. We love our church family at LBAC! We believe that when you put the Gospel into action inside the walls of a
church, an authentic community of family is produced. At LBAC, the Gospel compels us to be
functionally family-oriented. There is nothing God desires more from our church family than for us to reflect His glory. There is nothing that reflects the glory of God more than our intentional participation in the mission of God
to seek and save those who are still lost. The Gospel happily ruins our individual purposes, replacing them in our church family with a
passionate missional-focus. Like any church, there is a lot more to know about us. But these principles are the most significant.
We are a Gospel centered church family fully engaging the greatest mission in history.
We’re not just looking for someone to fill a pastoral role with our student ministries. We are looking for someone who wants to be ruined by the Gospel with us, someone who seeks their significance through authentic service in a church family –
a person prepared to lead the charge in unleashing the message of the Gospel onto a desperate and dying world.
We are convinced that teenagers are the church of today, as well as the church of tomorrow. We are looking for someone who takes teens seriously, treating them with respect and love in the midst of all their accomplishments – but especially in their
failures. If kids can’t “fail well” in our church family, we believe they will “fail badly” outside our church family. This is life-on-life, down in the trenches, blood-sweat-n-tears kind of stuff. This is not a job for the gimmicky, the weak, or the timid!
This is a clarion call to change the world. This is the job in your life that doesn’t just change others, this will change you. None of us will ever be the same. If you are prepared, truly prepared, to leave a legacy of the Gospel among the teenagers of Long
Beach all the way to the far reaches of the universe, this just might be a good place for you to work. Does this stoke a fire already burning in your soul? If it does, we would be excited to meet you and consider what God has for our future.
It’s probably also worth mentioning… LBAC is part of a phenomenal denomination committed to the Great Commission, the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA). Our church has served the Long Beach community since before any of us were born, and has done particularly
well with kids and youth. Our church family of around 350 people has been led by Chris Lankford since 2004. We added a second Sunday worship service earlier this year in a desire to expand the Gospel to as many as possible.
The Youth Pastor will be a servant to the transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They will be an exemplary Christ-follower, possessing godly character and maturity manifested in distinctive moral principles and integrity. They will
live a Gospel-centered life prioritizing their relationship with God and their own family. Since they will be working under the leadership of our
Family Ministries Pastor, they will be distinguished in their submission to authority, as though it is to the Lord. They will be an inspiring servant-leader, expressing their Spirit-gifting through relationships among those they serve. They will possess
a strong work ethic and teachable spirit. They will be gifted relationally, revealed through understandable, clear, and respectful communication. They will exhibit strong interpersonal skills with compassion, approachability, and enthusiasm.
Under the leadership of our Family Ministries Pastor, the
Youth Pastor will provide inspiring pastoral leadership for ministries which include Junior High School (6th–8th grades) and Senior High School (9th–12th grades). They will be a “hands-on” pastor for both Junior
High & High School Ministries, using efficient administrative skills to organize a comprehensive youth ministry. They will develop age-appropriate discipleship ministries with an emphasis on dynamic Gospel-centered outreach approaches. They will recruit and
lead a committed group of volunteer staff comprised of adults and collegiate students. The
Youth Pastor will be a contagious leader and an inspirational trainer. They will be a team player, working with their volunteers to develop intentional discipleship groups along with global and local (“glocal”) outreach support & involvement. They
will have an obvious love for students, and provide support & communication with parents which encourages and supports families. They will be infectious in their love of the Gospel, spreading the fame of Jesus Christ to families, students, and the whole world.
The Youth Pastor loyally serves under the leadership of our
Family Ministries Pastor, and the staff oversight of our Lead Pastor and team of Elders. The
Youth Pastor serves alongside all other paid staff & volunteers.
1) Demonstrates Gospel-centered character outlined in the ‘Character Profile.’
2) Demonstrates competence in the areas outlined in the ‘Position Description.’
3) Demonstrates a clear calling to Gospel-centered youth ministry.
4) Able to utilize ‘Safe Place’ guidelines to maximize a safe and secure environment for student including background checks, facility safety, activity safety, and the highest standards of integrity between pastoral & volunteer leadership and students.
5) Will work under the Family Ministries Pastor to develop curricula choices enhanced through exciting and visionary training and support for ministry volunteers.
6) Preferred completion of Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry or related field of study.
7) We prefer applicants already licensed and ordained with the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA). If the applicant does not meet this requirement, we expect licensing and ordination be completed as soon as possible through the C&MA.
Financial & Positional Details:
- The Youth Pastor position is a full-time, salaried staff position working under the immediate leadership of the
Family Ministries Pastor.
- Salary is commensurate with position and professional experience.
- Position includes all full-time benefits as detailed in LBAC Employee Handbook (provided during interview process).
- Applicants are requested to provide PDF’s of both résumé and reference letters. Please send to the “Youth Pastor Search Committee” ~