FAMILY MINISTRIES PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
Church Profile: First and foremost, Long Beach Alliance Church (LBAC) is a church gripped by the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The Gospel has secured us in our salvation, is sanctifying us as disciples,
and is our hope for future glorification with God in eternity. We are theologically Gospel-centered, a church delighted by the all-sufficient centrality of the Gospel! The Gospel has chosen us for adoption, selected as God’s own family.
We take family seriously at Long Beach Alliance, treating one another as brothers and sisters, fathers and mothers, grandparents and grandchildren. We love our church family at LBAC! We believe that when you put the Gospel into action inside the walls of a
church, an authentic community of family is produced. At LBAC, the Gospel compels us to be
functionally family-oriented. There is nothing God desires more from our church family than for us to reflect His glory. There is nothing that reflects the glory of God more than our intentional participation in the mission of God
to seek and save those who are still lost. The Gospel happily ruins our individual purposes, replacing them in our church family with a
passionate missional-focus. Like any church, there is a lot more to know about us. But these principles are the most significant.
We are a Gospel centered church family fully engaging the greatest mission in history.
We’re not just looking for someone to fill a pastoral role. We are looking for someone who wants to be ruined by the Gospel with us, someone who seeks their significance through authentic service in a church family, a person prepared to lead the
charge in unleashing the message of the Gospel onto a desperate and dying world. This is not a job for the faint of heart. We are called to change the world. It’s not simply a full-time salaried position – it’s a calling, and none of us will ever be the same.
Does this sound like you? We are excited to meet you and consider what God has for our future.
It’s probably also worth mentioning… LBAC is part of a phenomenal denomination committed to the Great Commission, the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA). Our church has served the Long Beach community since before any of us were born, and has done particularly
well with kids and youth. Our church family of around 350 people has been led by Chris Lankford since 2004, and added a second Sunday worship service earlier this year in a desire to expand the Gospel to as many as possible.
The Family Ministries Pastor will be a servant to the transforming power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. He will be an exemplary Christ-follower, possessing godly character and maturity manifested in distinctive moral principles and integrity.
He will live a Gospel-centered life prioritizing his relationship with God and his own family. He will be an inspiring servant-leader, expressing his Spirit-gifting through relationships among those he serves. He will possess a strong work ethic with a teachable
spirit. He will be relationally gifted, revealed through clear, intentional, and respectful communication. He will exhibit strong interpersonal skills with compassion, approachability, and enthusiasm.
The Family Ministries Pastor will provide inspiring shepherding of Children, Youth, and Family oriented ministries at Long Beach Alliance Church. He will be a “hands-on” pastor in Children’s Ministries. He will provide pastoral vision
and care for parents and children from birth through High School. He will champion the role of the parent and family, providing ministries designed to support families. He will be entrepreneurial and visionary, possessing a successful work experience track-record
in church ministry of initiation and implementation. He will inspire volunteers in Children’s Ministries as a team-leader; recruiting, training, and providing administrative leadership for the needs of Children’s Ministry. He will provide pastoral mentoring
for our Youth Pastor and pastoral oversight for our Student Ministries. He will work in tandem with our Associate Pastor in developing community outreach through Critical Care Ministries (Grief, Finances, Parenting, Divorce, Pornography, Marriage, etc.) with
an emphasis on engaging unchurched and prodigal families. He will work in unity with our staff team in accomplishing our overall ministry philosophy of
“Loving God, Loving Others, and Serving the World.”
The Family Ministries Pastor loyally serves under the leadership of our Lead Pastor and the staff oversight of our team of Elders. The
Family Ministries Pastor serves alongside all other paid staff & volunteers.
1) Demonstrates Gospel-centered character outlined in the ‘Character Profile.’
2) Demonstrates competence in the areas outlined in the ‘Position Description.’
3) Demonstrates a clear calling to Gospel-centered ministry.
4) Able to utilize ‘Safe Place’ guidelines to maximize a safe and secure environment for children and youth which includes oversight of background checks and facility safety.
5) Will utilize “Gospel Project” curricula (LifeWay) for Children, and oversee curricula development with Youth Pastor for Student Ministries, initiating and assuring exciting and visionary training and support for ministry volunteers.
6) Has completed a Bible college/university bachelor’s degree in Christian Education or Children’s Ministry or related field.
7) We prefer applicants already licensed and ordained with the Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA). If the applicant does not meet this requirement, we expect licensing and ordination be completed as soon as possible through the C&MA.
Financial & Positional Details:
- The Family Ministries Pastor position is a full-time, salaried staff position.
- Salary is commensurate with position and professional experience.
- Position includes all full-time benefits as detailed in LBAC Employee Handbook (provided during interview process).
- Applicants are requested to provide PDF’s of both résumé and reference letters. Please send to the “Family Ministries Pastoral Search Committee” ~