Christ Chapel is searching for a children's pastor is who is passionate about reaching the world for Jesus by making disciples and loving on families and children. We do not believe that children are the next generation. We believe they have the ability
to change the world they live in right now. We need a leader to engage them, equip them, and empower them.
Christ Chapel was started 35 years ago by the founding pastor, Doc Shell, as a balanced Word-based, Spirit-filled missional church. In August of 2014, Pastor Doc Shell retired and Bobby Gourley was installed as the new senior pastor. The church is excited
about the future and needs a children's pastor to help fulfill the misssion of the church. Christ Chapel participates in missions all over the world as well as locally. The church has a food outreach that will give away over 2 million pounds of food this year
to people who need a little help.
Christ Chapel is located in Florence, Alabama as part of the Shoals community that has an amazing music scene, great outdoors adventures, as well as being home to the University of Northern Alabama. It is a great place to be for young people, families and
The Christ Chapel Children's Pastor is responsible for the leadership, vision, and execution of the Children’s Ministry (birth through 6th grade). This pastoral position is responsible for recruiting, training, encouraging, and leading the Children’s Ministry
staff and volunteers. The ideal candidate for this job will think through both a pastoral and a leadership lens. The Children’s Pastor will have a deep commitment to the spiritual health of both the Children’s Ministry and Christ Chapel as a whole. The Children’s
Pastor must possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead both adults and children in ministry.
To assist families in the process of developing children who honor Jesus with their lives and are disciples and disciple-makers. Create environments where children can connect to Jesus and each other.
- Engage children in their world by being active in their lives by attending school lunches, sports events, birthday parties, etc.,.
- Establish children in the faith by teaching them the gospel and what it means to be a disciple.
- Establish children in the family of God by creating environments where they can connect with each other and with godly adult staff.
- Equip children to become godly teenagers that impact their world for Jesus.
- Empower children to be disciple-makers and world-changers.
- Communicate consistently with parents to keep them informed of their children’s process of discipleship and involve them in the process.
- Recruit and train volunteers to be active in the ministry by creating a team environment that is empowered to carry out the ministry.
- Create environments where kids are excited to worship Jesus and connect with friends.
- Plan evangelistic opportunities such as VBS, special events, and outreaches.
- Plan and execute an annual children’s camp.
- Create a ministry environment within the nursery.
- Be a contributing member of the team at Christ Chapel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Clear communicator both written and verbally.
- Administrative skills.
- Team builder and team player.
- Discipleship focused.
- Mission minded.
- Peaceful disposition.
- People oriented.
- Strategic thinker.