Mt. Pleasant Church of God (MPCOG), Assumption, IL., is looking for it’s next Youth Pastor. Mt. Pleasant is a small and growing family church 6 miles outside of Assumption in rural Central IL.
To oversee, manage, and build the youth program.
Goal of Ministry:
To support the family in building strong disciples of Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry.
- He/she must be a born again believer with a maturing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- He/she must meet the biblical qualifications for Church leadership found in 1 Timothy 3, Titus 1, and 1 Peter 5.
- He/she must be in agreement with, and teach according to the beliefs of the Churches of God, General Conference (http://www.cggc.org/about/what-we-believe/)
- He/she must be willing to commit themselves to MPCOG’s mission and vision:
Mission: “…to GROW disciples of Christ who GROW disciples of Christ.”
MPCOG is committed to the Great Commandment. We believe that this is the only mission that Jesus gave His Church. Therefore we are committed to becoming disciples of Christ who disciple others in practical ways to follow Jesus.
Seek: We want to be a church where people can seek out Jesus and authentic relationships with other believers.
Grow: We want to be a church that helps people apply biblical truths to their lives. A place where people can grow in all areas of their lives as followers of Jesus.
Go: We want to be a church that sends people out on mission in their homes, workplaces, communities, state, and world with the love and Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- The ideal candidate would have the gifts, talent, and willingness to lead worship. This would be a major deciding factor between full and part time, although for the right candidate, full-time would
- Must see youth ministry as their calling and not a stepping stone to another ministry type.
- Must be able to effectively communicate biblical truths to everyday life through teaching and normal conversations.
- Must have a relational style of leadership and ministry. This includes a good sense of humor, positive (optimistic) outlook, approachable, and fun.
- Must be someone the youth can look up to and is able to model life as a believer.
- Must be a self-starter, exercising initiative and judgement, and able to work with and without direct supervision.
- Must have strong organizational and administrative abilities.
- Must be able to recruit, disciple, and sustain a team of volunteer leaders.
- Must engage parents as vital partners in the development of youth.
The candidate will be minimally:
- Mentor youth in their walk of faith and in their leadership skills.
- Be a liaison between the church and other community organizations, people, and resources that relate to the youth in our church and community.
- Coordinate oversee, and build the youth Sunday School program and Wednesday evening youth activities (412Impact).
- Be available to youth in a variety of ways (i.e. lunch at school, extracurricular activities, times of crisis, ect..)
- Plan, oversee, and lead an annual youth mission trip.
- Work in concert with the gifts and talents of other staff members while maintaining a teamwork mentality.