Inspire | Engage | Disciple | Teach. The Director of Ministry to Youth and Families must be an engaged, effective and functioning member of a cohesive leadership team. This calling will require your best effort and 40 plus hours per week to:
- Connect Volunteers to Youth Ministry
- Plan and Lead Weekly Youth Group (Middle School and High School)
- Plan and Lead Weekly Sunday School (Middle School and High School)
- Attend Weekly Worship Service with Youth (contemporary service)
- Plan and Attend Weekly mid-week D-Life meetings/activities
- Plan and Participate in Special Events, Service Projects and Outings
- Chaperone Camps and Retreats
- Engage in Contact Work
- Shepherd Youth Leadership Development
- Participate in Weekly Staff Meetings
In seeking a Director of Ministry to Youth and Families, we are looking for someone who:
- Has a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Has a strong passion to work with Youth
- Will share his/her faith in a creative, authentic and compelling way
- Wants to work in partnership with staff, adult volunteers and parents
- Is flexible and enthusiastic
- Is a self-starter
- Has some post-secondary education, preferably a College Bachelor’s Degree
- Preference will be given to those who have some training in youth program leadership through camp programs, internships, or youth organizations.
- Salary negotiable depending upon education and experience. Benefits include health insurance, four weeks vacation, continuing education, and professional expenses.
Our Youth and Families Program is comprised of a Middle School (6th-8th) and High School (9th-12th) program that seek to connect youth and their families to Christ, to each other, to the church and to the greater community. The youth program strives to
create a safe harbor community for youth and develop them as faithful disciples of Jesus Christ.
An important part of this ministry is to connect volunteers to youth ministry and in so doing serve the spiritual development of both. The current program is supported by a network of 19 volunteers. Connections are accomplished through fellowship, worship,
Bible study, prayer, retreats, service projects and D-Life (a dramatic arts ministry that incorporates both live performance and film production to impact youth for Jesus Christ and inspire them to share the Gospel with other seekers).
Candidates interested in this opportunity are encouraged to submit a cover letter expressing their reasons for interest, a current resume, a statement of faith, and the names and contact numbers of any references to:
Attention: Jonathan Lovelady