The Park Church is currently seeking an experienced Youth Minister to join the team in
The youth ministry of The Park Church seeks to empower a community of faith for children of all ages where the church comes alongside parents as primary disciplers of their children. Our goal is to equip parents to teach and train their children in
the Word of God and to support such learning with creative, engaging, and relevant experiences through education, fellowship, worship, care, and missions. This role is designed to help meet the needs of parents and children from birth through high school,
providing a firm foundation for a fruitful life in Christ. This position will report to the Executive Minister.
- Work closely with the staff, lay leaders, and congregation to create a comprehensive program for spiritual development for children from birth through high school.
- Provide oversight and direction to the Minister to Children, serving as a direct report, whose responsibilities will include parents and children from birth through elementary school.
- Provide direct oversight for programing related to middle and high school students and their parents.
- Initiate research on trends and cultural influences affecting young people as a means of providing relevant services.
- Inspire creativity among young people to serve in various aspects of church ministry (i.e. ushers, greeters, audio/video team, etc)
- Design innovative programs aimed at the integration of parent insight and the development of strong parent-leader relationships.
- Ensure alignment of youth ministry with overall mission to bring people to Christ, gather people for Christ, grow them in Christ, and send them for Christ.
- Oversee all programming and ministry for youth for all three campuses and online.
- Recruit, develop, retain and deploy leadership teams made up of parents and members with a calling to work with youth of all ages.
- Develop and implement age-appropriate curriculum.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new youth and families.
- Model spiritual vitality and accountability.
- Be a source of spiritual support to youth, families, volunteers and staff.
- Assist with budget.
- Maintain and enforce all policies related to safe environments including, but not limited to background checks, sexual harassment policy, confidentiality agreements and the like.
- Oversee the maintenance of the ministry volunteer and youth/parent database.
- Oversee the gatherings of regular focus groups, leadership meetings, and training opportunities with parents and serving volunteers.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and ministry team meetings.
- Preach, teach, and/or lead worship as needed (pending appropriate qualifications).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years of youth ministry and/or relation experience preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available
Please submit your resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please be sure to include
*Information regarding your educational history
*Information regarding your employment history
Equal Opportunity Employer