About Ezra Church
Ezra Church is a young and growing church with locations in the Madison, WI area. We’re passionate about helping people connect & re-connect with God through Jesus. We currently have 2 campuses and recently helped plant another church in the area. The Madison
area needs new churches, and we’re committed to continuing to help start new faith communities throughout the region. At Ezra, we’re following Jesus as we live life
in the Word, in community, and on mission.
We’re looking for a gifted and passionate teaching pastor to join our team as a regular teacher and point-person for our East Madison location.
Position Title: East Campus Teaching Pastor
(part-time, 22 hours/week; with potential to grow into full-time role)
The primary role of the Ezra Church: East Campus Teaching Pastor is to be a champion for what matters most at Ezra Church. He is to catch Ezra’s vision, direction, and culture (DNA) and effectively cultivate that DNA at
Ezra Church: East. He needs to be an excellent teacher, a team builder, and people-oriented. The East Campus Teaching Pastor will serve under the leadership of the Lead Pastor.
- Embrace, live, and cultivate the vision and values of Ezra Church.
- Prepare and preach weekly messages at Ezra Church: East as part of the Ezra Church teaching team, under the leadership of the Lead Pastor. (Approximately 30-40 Sundays/year).
- Work in partnership with Ezra Church: East’s campus ministry, including Sunday services & Growth Groups (in partnership with Worship Leader, Tech Team, Ezra Kids, Best Impressions Team, Growth Group Leaders, etc.)
- Disciple and shepherd the people of Ezra Church: East into a growing and multiplying relationship with Jesus.
- Be a team player and help with other needs as they arise.
About the person who would be a good fit:
- An authentic follower of Jesus, demonstrated through consistent habits and fruit of the Spirit.
- You have a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously.
- A track-record of fruitful and healthy ministry.
- Others have affirmed these spiritual gifts in you: teaching, pastor-shepherd, leadership, evangelism.
- Fully committed to the vision and values of Ezra Church.
- Others would say you’re a great communicator / preacher.
- Passionate about reaching the next person for Jesus.
- Hard-working, but love to have fun.
- Servant-leader: you put others before yourself.
- You love people.
- Heart of a teacher/coach - you’re positive & encouraging.
- Gets things done.
- Have a way to keep organized and prioritize a variety of projects and tasks.
- Culturally aware.
- Seeks out feedback & coaching for growth.
- Involved in the regular life of Ezra Church (events, growth group, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
About the Madison, WI area:
Madison, WI consistently ranks among the best places in the nation to live. With the state capitol and University of Wisconsin, it’s a diverse city with great outdoor living space, fantastic bike trails, distinctive locally-owned businesses, cutting-edge
technology, safe neighborhoods, great healthcare, excellent education, amazing music venues and food that will make your mouth water. Madison has a history of being a very difficult spiritual climate, but God is opening new doors for the Gospel and it’s a
great time to be a part of His work in this city.
Sound like this may be a good fit for you?
- Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Please include a video (preferred) or audio link of you preaching.
You can find more information about Ezra Church on our website: EzraChurch.com.