Nexus Student Ministry Worship Director/Leader
Not surprisingly, we want students to come to Jesus! An awesome worship ministry is a huge part of that for us. Creativity in communicating the most important message in the world to junior and senior high school students is a major priority. Hopefully all
of the stuff below will give you an idea of what we're looking for.
- Lead Jr. & Sr. High worship on a weekly basis (2 separate worship experiences)
- Oversee & schedule all worship team members, investing in & raising up new members as needed
- Oversee & schedule all sound, lighting & media teams
- Oversee the Nexus App as well as podcast recording & publishing
- Oversee set design for each year (concept to completion)
- Plan, prepare & execute all worship & AVL for Beach Escape (summer retreat) & Winter Retreat (this includes over site of all AVL equipment and scheduling of load-in, set-up and tear down)
- Attend weekly Nexus planning meetings with the lead team
- Work alongside Arts team to conceptualize and create creative elements for Nexus (i.e.Videos, backgrounds, graphics, logos, t-shirts, etc.)
- High initiative & drive with a passion for excellence in a fast-paced working environment
- Proficiency in leading worship & a good working knowledge of music theory
- Knowledgable in Ableton (loops & click), Logic / Pro Tools, Pro Presenter & Planning Center
- Thorough knowledge of AVL systems
- Knowledge in photo & video editing software (such as Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator) is a plus
For a video of the worship experience at Nexus go here: https://vimeo.com/83982409
A little about us - The church is Riverside Community Church Assembly of God (riversideconnect.org). We have 600-650 people that attend 2 worship sites, 4 services on Sunday mornings. The church is well established and undergoing some staff transition.
A little bit about the Student Ministry (Nexus) - Check us out at nexussm.org, @nexussm on Twitter, @nexussm on Instagram and search #nexussm on Instagram. Download the Nexus Student Ministry App and check out some of the videos.
Our former worship director was awesome and just left to start a church. He laid such a great foundation and we really need someone passionate about student ministry worship, tech and creativity to help us with the next leg of the journey.
It's important (absolutely number 1 on our priority list right now) to find a super awesome, great fitting, best in the world worship leader for our student ministry! So much of the life and culture of our growing student ministry has been shaped around dynamic,
creative, tech infused, powerful worship. It's so important to our future that we find someone truly unique and exceptional to fill this position and become part of our family. We really believe this is the only missing ingredient to explosive growth here.
In addition to the stuff above, and maybe somewhat redundant at points, we are looking for:
Competent worship leader with a passion for students/student ministry and worship
Competent musician with a great voice
High energy worship leader
Able to develop and work with teams
Tech (sound, lighting) competency and aptitude
Hard worker with vision and creativity that can hit the ground running
Mature and low maintenance personality
Someone who can laugh and doesn't take themselves too seriously
HUMBLE TEAM PLAYER WHO IS WILLING TO LEARN (Someone who's the awesomest but doesn't think they're the awesomest)
Someone who's happy and content to be in student ministry and loves students.
Pittsburgh is a great place to live and great things are possible in ministry here. We hope some adventurous person will be drawn to what God is doing here and want to be a part of it!
Resumes should include a recent video of you leading that you feel reflects who you are as a worship leader.