Senior Pastor- Job Description- Harmony Christian Church
Harmony Christian Church is an autonomous Independent Christian Church nestled in Georgetown, KY, a growing community of almost 31,000 with the biggest employer being Toyota Motor Manufacturing Corporation. Harmony is a congregation of about 65% young married
couples with children, 20% mid-lifers, and 15% other. Housed in a previous Walmart facility, space and parking can easily accommodate attendance of 2,000 in multiple worship settings. With a desire to grow and reach unchurched people, a contemporary worship
format is used.
For more information about Harmony, visit our website at
To be considered for our open Senior Pastor position, please send resumes to
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Pastor is to practice a servant leadership style, with a heart for God that seeks to please God more so than men. He will model a life dedicated to God’s Word, prayer, Christ-like character and family. He will have strong communication skills
(both in the pulpit and inter-personally) and a proven track record of developing church leaders and staff. He will embrace, communicate and intentionally pursue Harmony’s mission, vision and values thus motivating others to assist in the Great Commission.
Essential & Principle Functions:
The Senior Pastor will provide the following key responsibilities:
- 1. Live morally and ethically with sound biblical doctrine as listed in
1Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9 thus live by Christ and grow in Christ. He shall be authentic, humble, genuine, relational, and shall treat people like family.
- Preach for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to people’s situations and spiritual needs in a way that is challenging, inspiring, and practical. Preach and live a strong grace orientation and proven integrity, wisdom, humility, joy,
compassion, authenticity, and optimism.
- Develop and administrate a clear vision and strategic plan for the church and church staff. He shall be a good coach and team builder equipping others by example and create congregational consensus. He shall have the heart of a shepherd, and have experience
equipping and empowering staff, and leaders to provide pastoral care to the congregation.
- Oversees worship planning to inspire the church and reach the community of unchurched thus modeling a life passionate for Jesus Christ, His church and His world and thus assists in making disciples in accordance with the great commission.
- Be accountable to and carry out the decisions of the elder board.
- A seminary degree is preferred or provide equivalent
- Prefer a minimum of 5 years experience as Associate or Senior Pastor (with multiple staff) of a church with 500+ attendance within a diverse congregation.
- Experience supervising multiple staff and working with an elder board.