The Journey Church in New York City has an immediate opening for a Worship Pastor for our location out in Forest Hills, Queens. Queens is the fastest-growing campus of The Journey Church - grown from 100 to 250+ over the last 2 years alone. And we are experiencing
great growth within our own Worship Arts team.
Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, leading a proven music and worship planning system, and growing a music ministry in a multi-site setting?
Are you interested in expanding an already healthy volunteer structure of over 40 volunteers?
Can you lead worship at a high level, and bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, and to cultivating highly experienced musicians in New York City?
If you answer yes to the questions above, keep reading.
- At least 3 years experience in worship/music ministry including leading on and off stage.
- Proficiency in one or more instruments – strong vocal and stage presence
- Ability to create and arrange tracks for our worship services in programs like Ableton Live, ProTools etc.
- Experience leading teams and developing leaders
- Understanding that Worship Ministry is more than singing on Sundays. Think 80% equipping, 20% music.
- Creative but organized and sharp and hard working.
- Not afraid to get hands dirty during load-in and load-out.
- Love challenges and always brings creative, doable solutions
- Play guitar (electric or acoustic) and/or piano in a modern/contemporary setting.
- Be familiar with the Purpose Driven Model
- Be able to chart out a song in the Nashville Number System
- Be able to work with Pro Presenter in the context of a worship service
- Love the idea of living and doing ministry in the most influential city in the world
- Loud noises, large crowds, busy sidewalks and public transportation don’t bother you. In fact, they excite you.
- Be responsible for musically creating and executing our worship services.
- Be responsible for recruiting and training weekend stage teams – band and production
- Be part of the creative team that helps plan and implement all creative ideas into our worship services each week.
This position is full-time; for the Queens campus. Send links to your resume, and a cover letter to email@example.com.