First Baptist Church of Evergreen is an almost 6-decade-old church positioned in the far western suburbs of Denver. Sitting 7200+ feet up in the mountains above this beautiful and growing city, our town is one of Creation's storybook settings . . . populated
with people and families of extraordinary affluence and influence. Yet, there is a great silent need here: they are so close to God, yet so far away. Our most recent demographic study revealed that 94% of our community doesn't go to church even once
a month. One person dubbed the people of our area "happily lost." Well, we want those lost found. And one of the greatest ways to reveal God to them is through their children.
Our church is already experiencing a great resurgence of growth and excitement as we reach into our town, consequently, we need a Youth Pastor who can build other leaders, teams, and volunteers to reach the teens of our town with the love of God. This is
a serious role that will be incredibly fun, so we need someone who has a track record of making an impact and who has been a part of substantial ministry. We need an effective leader and communicator.
While there is certainly a whole lot more than this, here are a few things you would probably want to have a conversation with us about:
(1) First Baptist Church of Evergreen is crazy positioned to do something amazing in Evergreen for Jesus. (One example: one of our church's Elders has led a 30-year ministry in Evergreen where 10% of the high school students in our local
high school come to a weekly lunch off-campus in the middle of the school day to eat lunch and hear about God. We know . . . wild. Especially when you recognize that 94% of them and their families don't go to church! Yet.)
(2) How life-changing for you and your family it will be to live in a place that's filled with major doers from all over the world (corporate leaders, rocket scientists [yes, literally, rocket scientists!], world-class engineers, artists, and
authors). A town that's a tucked-away heaven in the foothills of Mt. Evan's 14,240 peak, but only a 30-minute drive from downtown Denver. And where we have a special 4-bedroom parsonage set aside to make sure you live among the students you're serving.
(3) How much freedom, resourcing, mentoring and cheer-leading (and free coffee at Evergreen's famous Muddy Buck Coffeehouse in our town's oldest rustic hotel!) this youth pastor is going to get from the Lead Pastor and other leaders who have
already joined together to reveal God to our town. (Our church's Lead Pastor is 42 and was a youth pastor himself for 11 years. You'd be working alongside a man who has been in a pastor's home since the age of 8 and has been rooted in well over 20 years of
pastoral life himself. He wants to help you grow as a man, as well as in your continued development as an impactful pastor.)
(4) How every school within the redemptive reach of our church sits among the top ranked in the state of Colorado (and the HS in our boundaries is in the Top 5).
(5) How much freedom you'd get to lead and establish real Kingdom work in the lives of teens
(6) How ready to generously resource you and the youth ministry this church is
(7) How sweet our youth's unique facilities ("the Lodge"), our outdoor worship/concert pavilion (think a mini-Red Rocks Amphitheater), and the nearly 30 acres of church-owned mountain and forest campus you'd be tapping into when you step into
But only respond if these things trip your wire and you're ready to go. We are ready to hire today because we need to. We're growing too fast and need a partnership with someone who's ready to apply the ministry they've learned before today
in this dynamic brand-new context.
If you want to find out more, just send us your resume, philosophy of ministry, your core theological beliefs and a picture of you (and your family). Those that reveal the heart, leadership experience and skill, and the readiness we need, we'll ultimately
also be asking for a video sample of your communicating with teens. We are looking for someone who is willing to dig in, possesses an authentic and enthusiastic approach to life, and who can truly connect with students. We are also looking for you to have
a minimum 3 years of successful youth ministry experience.
Please forward these documents digitally to john@FBCEvergreen.com in c/o Youth Pastor Search.
Find out more about our church at www.WeLoveEvergreen.com
Or, feel how we roll at www.Facebook.com/WeLoveEvergreen