This is an hourly position requiring a 20 hour work week in order to provide both financial and administrative support to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintain computerized accounts payable file, classifying invoices by budget and expense classification.
- Receive and verify invoices for appropriate documentation and proper approval.
- Prepare invoices for data entry and enter invoices for payment.
- Audit and process credit card bills.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain updated vendor files.
- Manage the weekly check run.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
- Respond to vendor inquiries.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Calculate payroll time and prepare payroll input.
- Maintain payroll master files and prepare salaried and hourly payroll for all church departments plus WDP/MMO.
- Oversee daily relationship with Payroll vendor.
- Maintain employee records of tax status and rate changes.
- Enter and maintain computerized record of all member contributions by fund and purpose.
- Process all ACH payments.
- Answer member inquiries concerning their account as needed.
- Maintain a filing system for all financial documents.
- Enter all journal entries to the general ledger.
- Reconcile bank statements monthly.
- Assist with month end closing.
- Prepare various reports of cash receipts and disbursements.
- Assist with annual budget preparation and general ledger setup.
- Assist Finance Director as directed.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality and ensure the confidentiality and security of all financial and employee files.
- Displays a mature and growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Considers this position to be a calling, not just a job
- Values, honors, and respects the church, leadership, and other team members
Must be able to:
- lift 20 pounds without aid from anyone
- Shall be active in the Christian faith and supportive of the Church’s bedrock beliefs, vision, mission and core values
- Personal Maturity: is approachable, credible, and trustworthy; has the ability to hear and speak truth, as well as resolve issues in a Christ-like manner
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: relates well to staff, peers, leadership, servant volunteers, vendors, and denominational resources treating them with dignity and respect, as well as creating an atmosphere of trust and the ability to maintain and keep confidences
- Emotional Well Being: seeks to love God and neighbor by serving others; does not seek self-recognition, security, or power
- Business degree or equivalent experience in a finance office
- Knowledge of purchasing accounts payable and maintaining general ledger
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits functions and procedures
- Knowledge of computerized accounting programs, spreadsheets and word processing programs.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Focused and results-oriented in support of the mission of the church