Large suburban mainline church seeks experienced dynamic person to lead Children's Ministries. Must have a strong commitment to Christ consistent with church’s mission as described on website, www.lakegrovepres.org . View detailed job description below or on church website. Bachelor Degree with major or minor in Ministry or Education preferred, experience just as important. Annual salary range will be competitive and negotiable depending on training and experience. Benefits provided. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
LAKE GROVE PRESBYTERIAN
Lake Oswego, Oregon
TITLE: Director of Children’s Ministries
Context and Purpose:
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church (LGPC) is a large, vibrant church. Its mission is to be “a caring community, alive in Christ,” growing disciples who “get changed through their commitment to Jesus Christ, get connected through their commitment to the people of Christ, and get going through their commitment to the work of Christ.”
The Director of Children’s Ministries (DCM) should have a passion for the Lord Jesus Christ and His commission to make disciples, a vision for bringing His love to our children, and the leadership skills to guide teams in creating/implementing biblically-based programs that are relevant and attractive for today’s boys and girls.
The DCM is charged with planning, coordinating, and implementing a comprehensive program of discipleship and Christian Education for children from birth through grade 5. With passion, creativity, and energy, the DCM will develop a vision for an exciting learning environment for children, to increase their understanding of God’s love for them and provide a firm foundation for leading them into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, through an understanding of key Bible stories and concepts.
Strategically, Children’s Ministries is an important pathway for LGPC to engage young families and bring them into the love of Christ. It includes a focus on family relationships and the adult volunteers in the program. LGPC’s leader of Children’s Ministries will engage these families and “dream big dreams” with them.
The primary responsibility of the DCM is to oversee all aspects of children’s ministry including, but not limited to:
- Sunday School (Saturday “Treehouse”, Sunday “Orchard)
- 45ers (4th and 5th grade fellowship)
- Discovery Bible Camp
- Camp Tilikum
- special events related to Children’s Ministry
Other specific duties are as follows:
- Provide for the recruitment, training, supervision, and encouragement of all Children’s Ministry staff (e.g. paid or volunteer; program coordinators for childcare and Saturday Children’s Program, Church School teachers, summer interns, Children’s Ministry team, DBC, etc.).
- Prepare an annual budget for Children’s Ministries and manage expenditures within the approved budget.
- Develop or purchase programming and content for the educational ministry for infants through grade 5.
- Develop, integrate, and promote layers of stewardship, mission, and worship components within the Children’s Ministry programs.
- Along with other appropriate staff, advocate for and develop adult education opportunities relating to parenting, children and families; seek to engage parents as active partners in nurturing their children in the Lord.
- Collaborate with the church leadership to ensure integration and achievement of church program objectives.
- Actively participate in the Children’s Ministries committees, Equipping Commission, staff meetings, and other planning meetings as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison to programs including, but not limited to, Noah’s Ark,
MOPS, children’s choirs, and Family Mission.
- Facilitate channels of connection into LGPC’s congregational life (including worship and church school) for participants in programs like MOPS, DBC, Camp Tilikum, Cub Scouts, and special events open to the public.
The DCM administratively reports to the Associate Pastor for Equipping, is part of the Equipping Commission, and relates to the leadership team of pastors and directors.
It is expected that the DCM will employ assessment tools that help measure the effectiveness of the program when interfacing with these people.
- Bachelor’s degree highly desirable; ideally we would hope for education in Children’s Ministries, elementary education or a related field.
- Demonstrated success managing and directing teams and programs; ability to inspire and lead both staff and volunteers
- Love of children and ministry experience with children.
- A working knowledge of MS Office, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Familiarity with and a willingness to embrace new technologies, including database applications, the Internet, social media and other technologies appropriate to effective communication and efficient execution of modern programs and teamwork.
- Some experience with Automated Church Systems (ACS), or a similar software application is highly desirable.
- An understanding of Christian theology, including but not limited to the Reformed Tradition.
- A heart that is humble, faithful, honest.
The Director of Children’s Ministries is a full-time salaried employee of Lake Grove Presbyterian Church. The salary range is competitive and dependent upon training and prior experience.
Other benefits are described in the LGPC Employee Handbook, but generally include paid medical insurance, a pension contribution, an educational allowance, a miscellaneous expense allowance, and two weeks paid vacation.
Employment is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a background check1 and a pre-employment drug test.
1 The background check will include an investigation with state and Federal authorities regarding any history of criminal activities. The background check may also include a credit check. It is also anticipated that this background check will include contacts with selected personal and professional references.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistriesCommunity Presbyterian Church
- Danville, California
- October 26
Campus Children's PastorThe Crossing
- Chesterfield, Missouri
- October 26
Children's Ministry DirectorCrossroads Church
- Douglasville, Georgia
- October 26
Children's Ministry Director (171702)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Midwest , Wisconsin
- October 26
Children's Pastor (232310)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Georgia
- October 26
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church
You’ll find Lake Grove Presbyterian Church (LGPC) is a church that believes Jesus Christ is Lord of our lives. In worship, we connect the Bible to our daily reality – both our struggles and our successes. We want weekend worship to be a catalyst that empowers us to live for Christ in whatever we do during the rest of the week. More...