Worship Leader - Richland Hills United Methodist Church
The Worship Leader is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of Richland Hills UMC. Oversight of the worship ministry of Richland Hills UMC includes, but is not limited to, leading our community worship; implementation of Richland Hills UMC’s vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction with the senior pastor; training and nurturing team members while working with various groups, including youth and children, throughout the church to use music and the arts for worship; ensuring each worship service is led in such a way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing personal relationship with Jesus.
- Heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
- Commitment to ongoing personal & professional growth.
- Experience in leading worship, vocalists, and musicians.
- Sense a calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to clearly articulate that calling to others.
- Track record of success as a team builder.
- Proficiency in vocal performance and/or playing an instrument with the ability to lead while playing.
- Experience as a leader and recruiter of volunteers in all areas of Worship.
- Ministry in a church with multiple worship services with nurturing talent in multiple age groups.
- Experience in leading worship that transcends modern, contemporary and traditional genres.
- Minimum of 2 years of worship leadership experience and/or qualified worship degree with a proven record of growth.
- Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading worship.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, Easy Worship, and video projection.
- Ability to work with chord charts, sheet music, and guitar tabs.
- Ability to incorporate other art forms as needed.
- Fully support the mission, vision and worship philosophy of Richland Hills UMC.
- Must have strong vocal skills for singing and speaking.
- Must be willing to learn and apply newly acquired music and techniques.
- Must be a team player.
- Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Richland Hills UMC.
- Plan the corporate worship services of Richland Hills UMC in consultation with the Senior Pastor and worship planning team.
- Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals as necessary.
- Introduce our worship team members to training provided by other ministries, books, and conferences.
- Set annual goals for the worship ministry that are in line with our vision and evaluate regularly how goals have been attained and modify as needed.
- Lead in some form of spiritual formation at every rehearsal.
- Work closely with the children and student ministry directors to develop their worship programming experiences.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of new worship experiences with modern, contemporary and traditional styles of worship music and formats.
- Be open to change and the shifting of responsibilities as growth and ministry develop.
- Creating, implementing, and overseeing a tryout procedure to form the musical groups that will be leading worship.
- Be available for events such as weddings, funerals, and other activities outside of regular Sunday worship times, such as Christmas Eve, Holy Week and other additional services.
This is a part-time salaried position with a negotiable salary of $30,000.00. Our weekly expectation is that this staff person will work 25-30 hours per week. These hours are to be distributed between music rehearsals, choir rehearsals, worship planning with Senior Pastor, and time dedicated to personal music and spiritual growth.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderMountain View Presbyterian Church
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 19
Worship LeaderBethany Christian Reformed Church
- Bellflower, California
- January 19
Director of WorshipTrinity Evangelical Presbyterian Church
- Florence, South Carolina
- January 19
Worship PastorGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 18
Director of Worship (Non-Traditional)Trinity United Methodist Church
- Columbus, Ohio
- January 17
Richland Hills UMC
Richland Hills UMC is a church in transition. Established in 1953, we are reorienting our vision and mission in order to revitalize our church and its impact on our community. Passionate worship is our goal. The proper person for this position would be key in bringing new life, new excitement, and new joy to a church committed to Christ. The field is ripe and the horizon broad for creativity and freshness. More...