POSITION TITLE: Director of Children's Ministries
LOCATION: Dayton, OH
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
DENOMINATION: Non-Denominational (Independent Christian Churches)
WEEKLY ATTENDANCE: 500-1000
We offer a unique opportunity for a dynamic leader to join us at a very exciting time. We are a healthy and growing church, currently about 500-600 people. Over the last 3 years we have been working through a substantial church relocation and building project. Our new setting, visibility, and facilities present a high likelihood for substantial growth in the very near future. In preparation for this we have retooled every ministry with in our church. We plan to launch our 'new' church at our new location in the Fall 2015.
As part of this process we are looking for an experienced visionary who has the ability to step in and lead our children's ministry into new territory. The person selected for this position will have the unusual opportunity of being able to:
1. Develop a 'new' children's ministry that fits their vision, but with sizable ministry support already in place.
2. Have the best of both worlds: the exciting prospects of a 'church plant' AND the financial and organizational stability of a healthy established church.
3. Have several months to develop their vision and strategy BEFORE actually having to set it in motion.
4. Have influence on the design and development of the facilities to support their ministry vision.
5. Have significant financial (and other) resources to turn your ministry vision into a reality.
6. Work as part of a ministry team that is friendly and supportive and also focused on a common vision.
7. Make an impact on kids who will be attending our church for the first time.
8. Be a pioneer, while having the backing of an enthusiastic and supportive ministry staff and leadership.
Our church is down-to-earth and friendly. We have a knack for reaching new people and love trying new things. We enjoy taking risks and jump on new possibilities. We believe God has blessed this by giving our church such an amazing opportunity. We are searching and praying for a children's director who shares this kind of passion and wants to join us on this journey. Our mission is "to see lives restored through Jesus." We are looking for the right man or woman who wants to see this happen with kids.
Our new church is being built at the crossroads of I-70 and I-675 just north of Dayton, Ohio. This location offers the possibility for the selected candidate to relocate into either an urban, suburban, or rural area. If you want to live in 'small town America' you can, or if you prefer living in the city, it's only a 20 minute drive. The cost of living is low, and there are many young families, with youth sports leagues, shopping areas, and family friendly activities and sites. Both Columbus and Cincinnati are only a one-hour drive away. Dayton is known as an outdoor recreation destination, and some of the nation's best Amusement Parks are just a drive away.
This position offers a great opportunity for a visionary, experienced, leader to serve God and raise a family in a friendly church and community.
- Develop and implement a vision and strategy for a vibrant Children's Ministry (birth - 5th grade)
- Enthusiastically lead and oversee a ministry that successfully engages children and their families
- Plan, implement, and evaluate programs that promote spiritual growth in kids
- Serve as a ministry 'coach' to volunteers and support staff
- Share the love of Jesus with kids
- Direct and oversee programs that are biblical, creative, relational and fun
- Ensure safe, quality care for children within the church
- Partner with parents to facilitate the spiritual growth of children
- Administer annual budget and financial decisions for Children’s Ministries
- Train, lead, mentor, and equip staff and volunteers
- Cultivate a friendly and enjoyable ministry environment for all who serve in your area
- Work with other staff on church-wide ministry opportunities and needs
- Implement and lead special events programming
- Growing relationship with Jesus Christ, shown in actions, attitudes, and behavior
- Passion to see kids and their families grow in faith
- 3 years experience leading a large, healthy Children’s Ministry
- A focused but flexible leader who can successfully multi-task in a busy environment without becoming overwhelmed
- Excellent communication, organization, and administrative skills 4-year Degree in ministry or education is preferred
- A track record of working with and developing teams and leaders
- A team player who enjoys working with people
- An enthusiastic self-starter who holds high-standards for success
- Must be confident, teachable, coach-able, with a servant’s heart
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children’s Ministry DirectorFirst Baptist Church Gulfport
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- December 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Children's Ministry PastorTerraNova Church
- Irvine, California
- December 2
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Lake Avenue Christian Church
Our church is down-to-earth and friendly. We have a knack for reaching new people and love trying new things. We enjoy taking risks and jump on new possibilities. We believe God has blessed this by giving our church such an amazing opportunity. Our mission is "to see lives restored through Jesus." More...