The Children’s Pastor role is to oversee all ministries, programs and events as it relates to kids and their families birth – 6th grade. The role of the Children’s Pastor is to create ministry environments where kids and their families become disciples of Christ who Love God, Love His Church and Show His Love to the World!
Birth – 6th Grade at Shiloh Community Church
- To exhibit the character qualities described in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, and be a healthy Christian Leader who lives an integrated Christian life personally and publically
- To be a team leader and a team player. Our pastoral staff is built upon a gift based/team approach to doing ministry. Each team member must be aware of ministry needs outside their specific areas of responsibility, and must be willing to contribute to the greater ministry of God’s church and to God’s Kingdom
- To equip those within the church to the work of the ministry (II Timothy 2:2)
- To be an active member of Shiloh Community Church and agree to abide by Shiloh’s constitution, by-laws, and core values
- To agree with and accept the Statement of Faith of the Evangelical Free Church of America, and pursue licensing through the EFCA.
- To adhere to the Shiloh Community Church Staff Handbook, including holidays and vacation time
- Create and maintain a fun, safe, clean and age appropriate ministry environment for all ministry activities and events involving children
- Ensure that kids and their families have the opportunity to hear and respond to the Gospel
- Assemble a Children’s Ministry Team to serve and minister to our kids and families during all ministry services, activities and events:
- Identify and recruit new team members
- Screen and place into a right fit for ministry
- Oversee screening process
- Training and encouragement in their ministry role
- Select and/or develop curriculum that supports and accomplishes and teaches our Purpose and Core Values at Shiloh Community Church
- Shepherd and be available to serve and minister to kids and families in need. Examples but not limited to:
- Hospital visits
- Prayer and support
- Partnering with parents
- Initiate and develop ministry activities, events and programs that help kids and their families take the next step in their journey with God
- Staff for special events: (i.e. annual congregational meetings).
- Communicate regularly with parents in an effort to partner with them in their role as the primary disciplers of their families
- Partner with the Outreach Pastor in any outreach event that involves kids and their families both at Shiloh and in the community. Examples but not limited to:
- Fall Festival/Block Parties
- Egg Hunt
- Tot Town
- SCC Summer Activities
- Oversee and maintain a working computer check-in system for all weekend and weekday services and ministry activities
Your Next Steps:
- Send a resume and a photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Send a document answering the following questions:
- Why do you feel called to be a Children’s Ministry Pastor?
- What is your reason for considering a change?
- What type of work environment are you most effective in?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What frustrates you most about your current position?
- What does your current work week look like?
- What age groups are you personally responsible for overseeing?
- What children’s programs do you currently manage/oversee in your current role?
- What support staff do you currently have in place to assist you?
- Do you play any musical instruments?
- Please list three professional references, preferably someone you’ve directly reported to or worked closely with
- We are praying for God’s leading in the hire of our next Children’s Pastor and would love for you to pray with us regarding this opportunity!
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Director/PastorCornwall Church
- Bellingham, Washington
- October 20
Children's Ministry DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistryChandler Christian Church
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 20
Pastor of Children's MinistriesWhittier Area Community Church
- Whittier, California
- October 20
Children's PastorArlington Assembly
- Arlington, Washington
- October 19