This position’s target area of ministry is people ages birth to 25 years of age. Under the direction of the senior pastor and elders, he will have the right to develop his own programs and see those programs through to their conclusion. He will be encouraged
to develop and present new ideas and participate in various teams for the enrichment of the total church program.
1. Provide leadership for the training ministries of the church specifically for ages birth to age 25. This would include, but not be limited to, such areas as Sunday school, children’s ministries, youth ministries, young adult ministries.
2. Formulate and present to the leadership a strategy for the training ministries of the church that will produce faithful disciples of Christ ready to go and impact the world.
3. Develop strategies to effectively engage the congregation in achieving the mission.
4. Recruit and train workers who desire to participate in the mission.
5. Identify and implement ways to assist families in their spiritual growth through corporate and family worship.
6. Discover ways of encouraging families to reach out to our community for the purpose of winning people to Christ.
7. Evaluate and select curriculum effective in fulfilling the mission.
8. Hold regular meetings with teachers and volunteers for ongoing training, assessing of the strategy achievement and cultivating new ideas. Keep communication lines open at all times between himself and the congregation.
9. Participate in both Elder and Deacon meetings.
1. To the Senior Pastor: he will work closely with the pastor, attend staff meetings called by the pastor and keep him informed on plans, problems, and other matters regarding the family ministries. The pastor will be his immediate supervisor.
2. To the Elders: he will work directly with them on the development of his vision for the family ministries and provide regular reports on his progress.
3. To the Council of Deacons: He will attend all meetings of the Council and report monthly on the activities and progress of the family ministries. He will seek to connect with the deacons for the purpose of coordinating efforts for the total church ministry.
- A degree from an accredited college, Seminary degree preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience in a local church ministry