Title: Care Pastor
Reports to: Scott Harrop
Description: As Sagebrush continues to grow, the need for more pastoral care also increases. Every week, people walk into our church looking for a pastor to speak with, people call needing a visit at the hospital, and families go through the joys of a wedding and the grief of a funeral.
Though we have a pastor on call (POC) rotation where our staff pastors share the load of the care needs, we recognize the need for one consistent leader who can oversee the pastoral care needs of our church, partner weekly with the POC pastor, and maintain our ministry systems so no one falls through the cracks.
- Oversee all follow-up from communication card from the weekend service (1 & 2) and set meetings with each person.
- Oversee all aspects of the pastoral care and POC ministries at Sagebrush.
- Provide weekly pastoral care to attendees of Sagebrush including hospital visits, benevolence assistance, weddings, funerals, and walk-in triage counseling.
- Update and offer training to all new POC pastors on the rotation team.
- Plan the POC rotation for a minimum of 8 weeks out and notify POCs.
- Ensure that a weekly partnering POC is available for walk-ins when out on hospital or care visits.
- Offer referrals to those who, after being met with, are in need of professional help.
- Oversee the hospital update board and ensure all info is up-to-date.
- Ensure POCs are using Fellowship One correctly and managing the POC contacts.
10. Provide a weekly update for the PMT and receptionists on pastoral care details for the week including those currently in the hospital and those at home who need care.
11. Any other duties as assigned by the Pastoral Management Team.
- Must have a strong background in biblical education
- At least 5 years of fulltime experience in care and/or counseling.
- Ability to maintain systems and processes to keep our people and our staff on the same page.
- People-centered personality with the ability to empathize with those who are hurting while avoiding the trap of empathizing to your own detriment.
- Maintain a dynamic relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Approach ministry with the core values and practices of Sagebrush in mind.
- Strive for excellence and effectiveness with all aspects of ministry.
- Collaborate with ministry departments and maintain a humble servant attitude.
- Work faithfully while at work and leave work at work when home.
- Work towards a strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Continue cultivating people skills and relational awareness.
Benefits & Resources:
- Full time position with competitive pay. (50,000 per year)
- Health care including dental, vision, life and disability.
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- On-the-job training & development.
To apply, please send your resume and picture to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20
Life Group Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19