Overview: Dayspring United Methodist Church is a vibrant, young church that is well positioned to experience significant growth in the coming years. Throughout our history, the Dayspring Kids Ministry has played a crucial role in the shape and growth of
our community. As we look to the future, this ministry will continue to be central to our mission and vision. Consequently, it is of paramount importance that we find a candidate with the right mix of passion, energy and high capacity.
We believe that it is vital that our children connect with Christ, grow in their faith and love God and neighbor. This full-time Director will be asked to bring a broad range of innovation and creativity in an effort to bring our vision to fruition within
our children’s ministry. The Director will also be tasked with building on the existing foundation of excellence in Sunday morning worship and small group opportunities for children and discern vision for a broad range of ministry opportunities beyond Sunday
morning. This position will have freedom to shape the culture, context and form of the ministry in order to best fit the culture of Dayspring and Tyler.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Lead an interactive, engaging, and energetic Kids Worship Service on Sundays for Kindergarten-4th grade children.
- Oversee and provide direction for all children’s programming (Nursery-5th grade), including selection and implementation of curriculum (currently utilize Elevate, Orange, Hillsong, Life Church curricula).
- Discern vision for ministry with children (and their families) beyond Sunday morning and develop plan for implementation.
- Recruit, train, schedule and lead teams of volunteers.
- Supervise Preschool/Nursery Director and other part-time staff within children’s ministry.
- Responsible for financial oversight of ministry, including the development of the Children’s Ministry budget
- Develop communication plan to keep staff, volunteers and parents informed and engaged.
- Develop and implement all safety and security processes for Kids Worship area.
Core Competencies of the Position:
- Possess the ability to embrace innovation and creativity while adapting to growth and change.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain healthy and motivating relationship with supervisor, coworkers, and volunteers.
- A proven leader and organizer of educational activities and children’s learning
- Possess ability to work at a fast pace while maintaining composure and flexibility within a variety of settings and circumstances.
- Self-starter, good at multi-tasking and prioritizing projects.
- Possess high comfort level and experience with computers and social media (Microsoft Office, Vimeo, ProPresenter, Facebook, Blogs, etc.), including a willingness to learn basic audio-visual technology.
- Expertise in administration/organization.
- Demonstrates appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
Benefits of the Position:
- Full-Time position with pay commensurate with experience ($45-53K)
- Possibility of Benefits
- 2 weeks paid vacation per year.
- Opportunity to pursue additional training/educational experiences
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Job Posting Dates: October 27-November 14. After evaluations and interview, job start date is flexible.
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or deliver in person to Dayspring UMC 310 W. Cumberland Rd. Tyler, TX 75703