Vinewood Community Church
An energetic team builder, with a heart for students and worship will be the ideal candidate for the Associate Pastor of Youth and Worship at Vinewood. Our students are eager to be “fed, led and related to”. Vinewood families anticipate being led in authentic worship of a God so deserving. If your heart is bent toward mentoring youth and musicians in their walk with Jesus, challenging them to serve with excellence and conviction, this position may be for you. Seek the heart of God as you prayerfully consider the position described below:
Position: Full Time Associate Pastor of Youth Ministries and Worship Leader
Function: To provide leadership to a life transforming youth ministry that connects young people to Jesus, engages them in loving relationships with other youth and adults, and equips them to serve the world using their God-given gifts.
Supervision: Reports directly to the Lead Pastor. Reports to and updates Board of Elders as needed.
What we are looking for in a Youth Pastor:
- An imperfect but growing follower of Jesus.
- Someone who is passionate about reaching youth for Christ.
- Someone who can be open and transparent with other staff team members; admit struggles and fears; encourage; deal with conflict in an authentic healthy and direct manner.
- Knows the Bible well and can make it come alive for youth, formal Biblical training preferred.
- Knows how to lead a small group and able to train other leaders.
- Experience in youth leadership and youth discipleship.
- A desire to know and love all kinds of kids in our community and build a team that will help each one follow Jesus and use their gifts to serve.
- Undaunted by the current moral climate; able to teach and model a clear Christian response on topics such as human sexuality and other cultural issues faced by students.
- Exceptional communication skills, both interpersonal and speaking to large groups of all ages.
- Values parents and volunteers, knows you can’t do ministry without a team that loves the Lord and each other.
- Worship: A passion to teach youth to worship, ability to play guitar and lead Sunday morning adult worship a huge plus.
- An organized self-starter who takes initiative, willing to ask for help, and is teachable.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead young people (7th-12th grades) associated with the church by training them to follow Jesus and participate in the work and mission of the church.
- Be the lead teacher for large group youth gatherings and small groups.
- Develop and implement a discipleship strategy that helps diverse students connect with Jesus. This includes Bible studies, support/accountability groups, youth events, camps, retreats, mission trips, service projects, outreach events, etc.
- Guide and resource the Youth Committee to plan and coordinate youth ministry.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support adult volunteers for youth ministry.
- Make sure every student receives contact and support from youth staff.
- Equip and train students for leadership in youth ministry.
- Build positive relationships with parents/guardians of students through visits, communications, and meeting updates.
- Pastoral care to students and families in times of crisis, illness and other special need.
- Oversee publicity with the church, and communication of youth ministry to students, parents, and church family, and possibly local schools.
- Participates in main worship services as needed, including occasional preaching.
- Build bridges into local campus ministries to support Christian students.
- Partners with Director of Children’s Ministries to build a cohesive family ministry.
- Other duties as required.
More about Vinewood
Vinewood Community Church has about 250 in weekly attendance. Our mission is to produce passionate lovers of Jesus who serve the Kingdom in vibrant, loving relationships with each other. That's accomplished by helping people connect with God through Jesus, engage with others, and serve the world. Vinewood is located in Lodi (population about 60,000), in Northern California; San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Lake Tahoe are all within a 2- hour drive. Check us out at vinewoodchurch.com.
*For consideration, please submit your resume to: email@example.com No phone calls please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship/Young AdultGod's Family Church
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Pastor/Director of Youth MinistryThe Bible Chapel
- McMurray, Pennsylvania
- December 7
Worship PastorWestview Baptist
- Swansea, Illinois
- December 7
High School/Young Adults PastorFBC Loganville
- Loganville, Georgia
- December 7
Senior High DirectorCalvary Church
- Roseville, Minnesota
- December 7
Vinewood Community Church believes we exist by God’s grace, power, and authority to connect people in a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, engage in honest and loving relationships with one another and serve the world so people will want the life only Jesus can give. More...