MVPC has a long history of strong support and rich discipleship within student ministries, specifically within our Middle School Ministry. We have been very strategic over the last four years to build a culture of collaboration and mutual advocacy within
Student Ministries to ensure we are maximizing the creativity, strengths, and Spirit's gifts which are present among our staff. Middle School Ministry plays a vital role in initiating, maintaining, and strengthening our pursuits of intergenerational discipleship
across our whole church community as well as within student ministries. If you are excited about joining a ministry team, growing as a ministry and kingdom leader, and to be a part of a new season of ministry at MVPC, please send your resume and cover letter
to Julie: Jobs@mvpctoday.org.
Reports to: Minister of Student (MSM)
Compensation: Full-time Position. Competitive salary based on experience of candidate
Basic Function: The Middle School Ministry Director plans, organizes, develops, supervises and leads the Middle School Ministry.
Nature and Scope: The Middle School Ministry Director reports to the Minister of Students. The Director develops programs and plans for the Middle School Ministry consistent with the vision, mission, and purposes of MVPC. These programs
and plans are reviewed and approved by the Minister of Students and the Elder to Middle School Ministries. The Director operates within the scope of these plans. Further direction emanates from weekly Student Ministries staff meetings with the Minister of
The Director recruits, communicates with, train and supports student and adult leaders.
The Director works to grow the spiritual capacity and intentionality of all who participate in Middle School Ministry. The Director works to sustain and grow the numerical sphere of influence of current programs. The implementation of new programs is encouraged
as the Director seeks to creatively and strategically meets the needs of the kids and families within the Middle School Ministry. Implementations of new programs are contingent on Minister of Student’s approval. Development and implementation of programs includes
such activities as: selecting curriculum, recruiting and training volunteer leaders. Goals and objectives for each program are established by the Director and approved by the Minister of Students. Program results are evaluated based on these goals and objectives.
- Provides onsite leadership for middle school students, adult and student Leaders, and programs
- Plans and leads Middle School retreats such as Winter Retreat and 30 Hour Famine.
- Plans, organizes and directs Quest Sundays (Sunday morning small group)
- Plans, organizes and directs events throughout the year (monthly hangout, Harbor House)
- Provides training opportunities for Adult and Student Leaders
- Plans, organizes and directs summer events.
- Maintains and expands intergenerational discipleship as core discipleship strategy
- Maintains (with the Administrative Assistant) the databases, registrations and proper records for Middle School Ministry.
- Establishes and maintains regular times of personal prayer and biblical study for the sake of middle school ministry
- Administers the approved Middle School Ministry budget. Expenditures that differ from the established budget require the approval of the Minister of Students.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Completion of undergraduate degree.
- Experience in youth ministry program leadership.
- Ability to study, discern, and educate leaders and families on youth trends and culture.
- Ability to prioritize personal spiritual growth and sustain healthy spiritual/emotional boundaries.
- Knowledge of the Bible and Christian Education materials.
- Ability to organize and supervise diverse programs.
- Ability to communicate with and lead middle school students as well as student and adult leaders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to integrate Middle School program into the church as a whole.