Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church is excited to be looking for someone who has the skills, experience, and passion for growing and establishing this new ministry within our community! For the past four years we have been slowly growing our intentinal outreach
and discipleship for local college students and those in their early twenties. Our church has caught this vision, crafted key partnerships with local colleges, and are ready for someone who can come build what we believe to be a vital ministry for our community
with the support, encouragement, and advocacy of key staff, leaders, and elders. Below you will find the job description.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Larry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports to: Minister of Students (MS)
Compensation: Full-time Position. Competitive salary based on experience of candidate
Basic Function: The Director of College and Young Adult Ministries will intentionally and strategically increase MVPC’s sphere of influence among college students and twentysomethings for the purpose of increased discipleship and integration
of young adults in the life of MVPC.
Nature and Scope: The Director of College and Young Adult Ministries reports to the Minister of Student. The primary nature of this position will be to establish a growing, thriving, and relevant ministry for college-age and twentysomething
young adults within Lamorinda and surrounding areas. The DCYA be tasked with carrying out and growing the current vision and mission MVPC has for young adults. The DCYA will be centrally focused on developing relationships, building connections, and establishing
a trusted presence at St. Mary’s College and in our community for the sake of reaching young adults for Christ. The DCYA will seek out other church communities who are doing young adult ministry well in order to learn from their experience. The DCYA will also
utilize and develop a leadership team of key MVPC members and/or ministry participants. The DCYA will meet individually with the Minister of Students bi-monthly and attend bi-monthly staff meetings.
- Create and lead strategy for reaching and integrating young adults outside of MVPC
- Builds and lead an intergenerational Young Adult Ministry leadership team
- Establish regular presence at St. Mary’s College and build intentional relational connections with students of other colleges such as Diablo Valley Community College.
- Spend significant time on SMC campus and in local community building in formal relational connections within the community
- Plan, organize, and direct discipleship opportunities (weekly small group, monthly large group worship, service opportunities, retreats, etc) for college students Young Adults
- Integrate college students and Young Adults into the broader mission and life of MVPC
- Maintain and encourage current ministry partnership with SMC’s Intervarsity
- Maintain programmatic and missional unity within Student Ministries and the whole of Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church.
- Continue to develop MVPC’s efforts to encourage and connect with students who graduated from MVPC and who have moved out of the area.
- Establish and maintain regular rhythms of prayer and study of the Bible for the sake of the College and Young Adult Ministry's students, leaders, and ministry.
- Maintain (with the Administrative Assistant) the databases, registrations and proper records for the College and Young Adult Ministry.
- Administers the approved Young Adult Ministry budget. Expenditures that differ from the established budget require the approval of the Minister of Students.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated vibrant and mature faith in Jesus Christ.
- Undergraduate Degree required.
- Experience in college/young adult/ and/or youth ministry program leadership.
- Strong ability to build rapport with college students and young adults.
- Knowledge of the Bible and Christian Education materials.
- Ability to prioritize personal spiritual growth and sustain healthy spiritual/emotional boundaries.
- Ability to discern, communicate, and carry out strategic vision.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to create appropriate objectives, tasks, and goals for his/her self
- Ability to integrate Young Adult Ministries into the church as a whole.
- Knowledge of young adult cultural trends, pressures, and word view
- Ability to initiate friendships and relationships with people who are outside of MVPC’s direct sphere of influence