Our High School Student Ministry
Palmcroft Church has a long history of highly effective and well resourced youth programs and teams. The High School Ministry at Palmcroft church is a thriving group of student leaders who are making their faith their own. We create opportunities for our
students to interact with Jesus in many different ways. Some of our most successful opportunities have been:
- SMI – SMI (Student Missionary Internship) is a 16 week program our students begin every February. For these 16 weeks our students commit to obstaining from a number of different activities (including certain types of music or movies), daily
devotions, and to lesson planning for Vacation Bible School. Then, in June, the students travel into small towns in the Sierra Nevada area of California to perform Vacation Bible Schools for Communities that otherwise could not afford to host them. This trip
and training is funded by the generous giving of the people at Palmcroft Church.
- Student Led Small Groups – During the school year, we encourage our students to be far more than passive participants in Bible study, we ask them to lead the Bible Study. Meeting in homes of youth workers throughout the valley, our student
leaders prepare and share the Bible study. We find great value in encouraging our students to not just learn for themselves, but to learn to help others.
- Winter and Summer Camps – Each winter, Palmcroft Church facilitates a winter camp at Lost Canyon not just for our students, but for around 600 High School Students from churches in Arizona. Each summer, we take our students to the best
summer camp we know of at Hume Lake.
The Ministry Staff at Palmcroft Church is a team. No one is intended to work on their own island. We believe we are at our best when we work together, not when we work alone. Our Ministry Staff works together through weekly meetings to help make sure we
keep Palmcroft Church on course to accomplish our mission, that more people experience the life-changing reality of Jesus. We are leading in transition as we seek to honor the past, and move forward to embrace the future. We believe that there are great years
behind us as an established church, but that greater things are on the horizon. We are making changes in the way we approach ministry, and ultimately following God’s leading we are pursuing the future of a second site in Northwest Peoria.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
A Good Candidate
We are looking for a person with experience in growing a ministry. A good candidate would express a passion to see students grow in their faith. They would be creative, coming up with and implementing new ideas to provide new opportunities for our students
to meet and interact with Jesus. A good candidate would be a team player who isn’t interested solely in the ministry to high school students, but to the general congregation of Palmcroft Church. A good candidate would be self motivated and disciplined, but
also teachable. A good candidate would express an ability to lead both students and adult leaders. A good candidate must love Jesus, his wife, and his family in that order. A good candidate would be loyal to God’s calling to serve the church. A good candidate
would be a good communicator on the platform and in the office. A good candidate would demonstrate the ability to use church resources effectively and responsibly. A good candidate would be able to relate to the students because he has an understanding of
If you think you’re the person we’re looking for, we would love to get to know you and your family. To begin the process of interviewing for the position, please provide the following:
- Current resume including a recent picture.
- A video recording of a recent message (within the last 60 days)
- A letter explaining why you are interested in working at Palmcroft Church.
To start a conversation with Palmcroft Church, feel free to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org