Faith Church is a 300 person suburban, church strategically located in the growing community of Grayslake Illinois. Approximately 110,000 people live within a 20 minute drive of the church, and 17,000 students attend a community college a block from our facilities. We have a strong desire to reach our community as demonstrated by youth, sports and outreach ministries, and a history of starting and supporting church plants.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Pastor who is a servant leader, with vision, passion for, and experience in, reaching people far from God in a culturally diverse suburban setting. He will have leadership experience in a multi-staff, missionally
minded church. He will have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a track record of developing new leaders, and the ability to motivate others to chase God and have kingdom impact.
Leadership and Vision
- A motivational leader, vision caster, and strategic planner.
- A coach and team builder.
- A missional mindset, a lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience motivating and equipping others to effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- A big-picture thinker and proactive problem solver.
- A man who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.
- He should have the heart of a shepherd, and experience equipping and empowering staff and lay leaders to provide pastoral care to the congregation.
Preach and Teach
- Preach for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to peoples personal needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language that is challenging, inspiring, and high on practical application.
- Oversee worship planning to inspire the church and reach the community
Exemplify Christian Character
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church.
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission.
- Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate consistent personal spiritual growth.
- The Senior Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- He shall have a strong grace orientation and proven integrity, wisdom, humility, joy, compassion, authenticity, and optimism.
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as Associate or Senior Pastor in a suburban church with a diverse congregation.
- Experience supervising multiple staff and working with an elder board.
- Master of Divinity and ordination from an evangelical church.
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and philosophy of sports ministry.
- Must be willing to work within our partnership and affiliation with Converge MidAmerica and Converge Worldwide.
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words FAITH SEARCH in the subject line. Do not contact the church directly. DO NOT APPLY THROUGH CHURCH STAFFING SITE.
Applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Lead PastorEvana Network
- Goshen, Indiana
- January 16
Southwest Church - Senior PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Indian Wells, California
- January 13
Senior PastorImpact Community Church
- Rock Hill, South Carolina
- January 13
JupiterFIRST Church - Senior MinisterVanderbloemen Search Group
- Jupiter, Florida
- January 13
Lead PastorLife Church
- Canton, Michigan
- January 12
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...