Fremont seeks a person of character and integrity who has a strong and growing relationship with Jesus Christ, spiritual maturity, demonstrated leadership ability, and a love and passion for modern/contemporary music, video and visual arts, and leading people
Located in desirable Sacramento, California, near both the mountains and the ocean, Fremont Church has a membership of 1,000 and is committed to a full and diverse set of ministries, including strong music, youth and children's programs, which attract large
numbers of community members. Both traditional and contemporary worship services are offered on Sunday mornings. Fremont seeks to maximize the opportunity God has given us to impact our community for Christ with relevant and quality ministries. Fremont is
affiliated with the Evangelical Presbyterian Church denomination. More information at www.fremontpres.org.
Primary Position Responsibilities
Provides enthusiastic leadership and direction to the modern worship ministry and to the media and video ministries at Fremont Presbyterian Church. These overlapping ministries call for a person who is knowledgeable and able to plan and lead Sunday morning
and other contemporary church-wide worship events, coordinate and implement various media and video ministries and to recruit and equip volunteer teams to accomplish the above. This position requires someone who follows the Holy Spirit to lead the congregation
in meaningful worship experiences and spiritual growth, who demonstrates skill in video design and production, and who actively supports Christ’s vision, mission, and purpose for the congregation, for the needs of all its members and for outreach to the community.
- Public presence that models commitment to Jesus Christ, leadership, positive communication and care for people
- Character and integrity that serve as a positive role model for the individuals and teams with whom this position interacts as well as the broader community of the church
- Creative energy and drive to lead ministries that communicate Jesus Christ and are unique and attractive, given today’s culture
- At least 5 years of experience leading quality worship in a modern/contemporary style
- Demonstrated ability to provide strong musical expertise and support to the worship teams and to the congregation
- Demonstrated ability to develop, produce and edit high-quality videos, graphics and other digital media to enhance the worship experience
- Proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to recruit, equip and support team members in various kinds of ministry roles
- Experience in a multi-staff ministry environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in an arts-related discipline preferred. Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of an applicable degree
Fremont provides compensation commensurate with other churches with similar positions. Determination of placement in the salary range will include consideration of academic degrees, training, and experience. A full benefit package including medical, dental,
vision, disability and life insurance is also provided.
A resume which includes the following:
- Employment history
- Educational training
- Church history/ministry experience
- Brief Statement of Beliefs
- Brief statement of ministry goals and vision for worship/arts ministry
- Three (3) references
Response to this question: Why do you think you might be called to Fremont Presbyterian Church and to this specific ministry?
Sample videos, recordings or a link to a website of your worship leading
Samples of your media work
Resumes, written responses and samples must be received by Fremont Presbyterian Church no later than
November 20, 2014.
Email resumes to Amanda Jantz at firstname.lastname@example.org.