Responsible for the financial records and systems of all locations of the church
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General Ledger: Maintains accurate accounting records including the appropriate assignment of cash disbursements and receipts. Updates Deacon finance subcommittee monthly on financial position of the church. Maintains and improves the Chart of Accounts to accurately provide tracking and reporting of financial information. Prepares all vendor disbursements and provides 1099-M reporting for service providers, as required.
- Fellowship One: Maintains all contribution and receipt funds within Fellowship One and reconciles receipts to the General Ledger. Maintains the integrity of the data to provide accurate year end statements to all contributors. Prepares and distributes preliminary and year end giving statements. Assists congregants with contribution information, as requested.
- Budgeting: Prepares the annual operating budget in accordance with Elder/Deacon directives and Central Leadership Team financial objectives. Works with Ministry Leaders and Director of Operations to prepare budgets and presents to the Deacon Board for approval. Prepares presentation materials for the annual congregational meeting. Once approved, enters data into the General Ledger and determines appropriate monthly accruals to meet objectives. Provides financial forecasting and cash flow projections and updates budgets throughout the year, as required.
- On-line Giving: Continues to improve on-line giving options and processes to seamlessly and accurately reflect contributions and payments made through Automated Clearing House (ACH), PayPal, Pushpay and other third party Merchant Accounts. Responsible for providing reports pertaining to on-line giving services offered by Christ Church.
- Mission Partners: Ensures timely payment to church ministry partners as reflected in the Global Missions and Local Outreach budgets.
- Financial Services: Responsible for the processes required to accurately report on the following:
Credit Card Services: Processes credit card transactions. Implements policy and procedure to provide adequate documentation and purchasing controls.
Petty Cash: Responsible for the disbursement and reconciliation of petty cash account. Reimburses cash expenses from petty cash per approved procedures.
Self-Employment (SE) Tax: Calculates SE Tax for pastoral staff annually and determines monthly accruals required.
Stock Donations: Receive stock donations from contributors and send appropriate documentation to contributors.
Short-Term Mission Trips: Responsible for tracking receipts and disbursements for all short-term mission trips, by trip and participant, and providing reporting as requested.
Inter-Ministry Allocations: Prepares and records monthly reconciliations to accurately reflect specific campus and ministry department expenses. Prepares disbursements for contributions received on behalf of outreach ministries.
Bank Reconciliations: Reconciles bank accounts monthly, identifies and corrects any discrepancies.
Financial Reporting: Prepares monthly reporting of receipts and disbursements in comparison to budget and analyzes information for significant variances from budget; reviews statements with Ministry Leaders and corrects any errors/omissions. Analyzes event receipts and disbursements and ministry budgets to determine financial trends and anomalies and presents findings to ministry leaders. Reports significant variances to Director of Operations and Deacon finance subcommittee.
Auditing: Responsible for auditing reports provided by outside payroll services of biweekly payroll including preparation of quarterly tax returns, annual W2's and remittances to the 403(b) plan.
- Cross-Training: Responsible to be cross-trained in Payroll services and 403(b) administration, serving as a back up to the Director of Human Resources as necessary. Also for cross-training administrative support team member(s) in appropriate data entry to facilitate timely data input for week to week operations to occur.
- Finance/Staff Liaison: Responsible for facilitating communications between Deacons, staff and any outsourced financial provider(s) as it relates to budgeting, reporting, financial policies and procedures.
- Policies and Procedures: Maintains documentation related to financial policies and procedures. Provides recommendations to identify/mitigate risk, enhance data integrity, increase efficiency or enhance existing systems. Recommends and/or implements financial policies and procedures in conjunction with Deacons or church staff, as appropriate.
- Special Projects and Reports: At the direction of the Deacon finance subcommittee or Director of Operations, researches and analyzes financial information for special projects, as assigned. Enhances reporting to support Central Leadership Team objectives.
- Strategic Planning: Work with Director of Operations on long-range financial analysis relating to projects that support the strategic plans of the church. Develops financial models for various alternatives to help guide and determine the financial risk/benefit to the church. (May include analysis of additional campuses, a major capital campaign, or creating additional service offerings). Works closely with Deacon Finance subcommittee and central leadership team to research and understand financial goals of the church. Coordinates Financial Audits as requested.
- Estate Planning: May receive funds related to an Estate Plan Disbursement
- Supervision: Manages the Financial Administrator employee
Person must have a strong Christian faith and biblical foundation evidenced by the highest standards of discretion, moral integrity, and virtues of kindness, humility and discernment. Must be able to intersect with staff, vendors and congregant’s alike--engendering trust while holding all financial matters in the strictest of confidence. Must be a self-starter, an excellent communicator and have strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills. Must also possess ability to understand, create and be competent in existing financial systems and be motivated and energized by increasingly improving results.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- Minimum 7+ years accounting experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with non-profit and/or Christian Ministry organizations preferred
- Strong communication, technology, and analytical skills required
- Ability to multi-task with an attention to detail
- Committed to 1 Timothy 3:8-13 and Acts 6:1-6 principles
- Models Christian character at work, home, and social life
- Strive to uphold the Statement of Staff Values
- Possess a developed Christian maturity
- Agreement of Christ Church's Statement of Faith
- Understanding of Constitution and ByLaws of Christ Church
- Willingness to serve in and/or outside the church
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- December 7
Ravi Zacharias Ministry International - Director of MarketingChurchology Staffing
- Norcross, Georgia
- December 7
Stewardship DirectorMid-Cities Community Church
- Midland, Texas
- December 7
ControllerFaith Community United Methodist Church
- West Chester, Ohio
- December 2
Director of OperationsPeace UMC
- Pickerington, Ohio
- December 1
Christ Church Lake Forest
Vision: To touch and transform the 10 miles around our steeple through the love of God Mission: To lead people into life-changing relationships with God and others by proclaiming the Good News and engaging in good works.More...