Associate Pastor for Children/Family Ministry & Community Outreach
Weems Creek Baptist Church is a mission-minded church in Annapolis, Maryland whose members serve passionately in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. We are committed to equipping Christians, through the preaching and teaching of God's Word, to follow Christ in every sphere of life. We believe that God calls us to demonstrate the attitude of Jesus who came “not to be served, but to serve” (Matthew 20:28; Philippians 2:5-8). Therefore, we seek to develop our God-given gifts and talents for service to Christ and His church (1 Peter 4:10). We also believe in manifesting the love and grace of God in practical ways in the community and throughout the world.
In the Weems Creek Kids Ministry, we strive to realize our mission to bring every child in our church and community into a lifelong relationship with Jesus Christ. Our program leaders serve as a team to teach the children of Jesus' love for them. As children progress through the programs at Weems Creek, it is our prayer that they acquire a strong biblical foundation that will guide them to faith in Christ.
The following describes our church’s collective, prayerful vision for our future Associate Pastor for Children/Family Ministry & Community Outreach.
- Strive to live up to God’s call as defined in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9; 1 Peter 5:1-4.
- Assist Pastors/Deacons in the shepherding aspect of Pastoral ministry.
- Model Christian giving by practicing tithing as the minimum standard of Christian giving.
- Be in agreement with the Baptist Faith and Message 2000.
- Be committed to a spiritual/professional growth plan.
Characteristics of the Man We Seek
- Personable – comfortable with people and good at relationships.
- Catalytic – ability to connect with the congregation in brief moments during worship services…communicating a clear vision, celebrating God moments with the church, Bible reading/prayer, announcements, etc.
- Professional/competent – experience on church staff is preferred.
- Creative – this is a definite plus. Odd may be good – ha! Out-of-the-box thinker who can problem solve and moves beyond the critique to be constructive.
Kids Ministry Responsibilities
- Cast the vision, create the culture, and help build a dynamic, Christ-honoring, disciple-making kids ministry.
- Serve as Team Leader for the Kids Ministry Team.
- Work with the Kids Ministry Team to enlist and equip other Kids Ministry Leaders: Sunday Morning Worship Kids Coordinator, Kids Worship Coordinator, Child Check-in Leader, Awana Commander, CentriKid Leader, Vacation Bible School Director, etc.
- Work with Ministry Leaders and the Kids Ministry Team to enlist and equip workers for Sunday School, Wednesday Night Kids Blast, Awana and other ministries as needed.
- Create an exciting learning environment for children/preschool ministry areas in the building.
- Equip parents to disciple their children at home and in everyday life. Help parents start spiritual conversations with their children.
- Lead Kids Ministry Team to prepare annual budget recommendations to the Finance Committee.
- Serve as a member of the Church Leadership Council.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with the Pastor to lead our church to be harvest-focused.
- Study our local community. Develop and implement a strategy for outreach/ministry in the community.
- Discover opportunities for the church to serve the community, be a good neighbor, and bring blessing to the community…thus enhancing our witness for Christ in the community.
- Work with First Impressions Ministry Leaders to enlist and equip volunteers.
***DO NOT USE THE ‘APPLY NOW’ BUTTON BELOW***
If you are interested in applying for this position, send an email with the Subject: Associate Pastor for Children/Family Ministry & Community Outreach with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Associate PastorEaton First Church of God
- Eaton, Ohio
- January 16
High School PastorMcKinney Memorial Bible Church
- Fort Worth, Texas
- January 16
Associate Pastor: Next Gen & WorshipCommunity Church of Hudson
- Hudson, Iowa
- January 16
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Associate Pastor for DiscipleshipCanopy Roads Baptist Church
- Tallahassee, Florida
- January 14