First Presbyterian Church of Berkeley
Non-Exempt Position – 36 hours per week, benefits
Open until filled
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO EMPLOYER
NEW CANDIDATES ONLY, PLEASE
To coordinate the planning and execution of all worship services in partnership primarily with the Senior Pastor, Director of Music Ministries, and Director of Contemporary Worship. Liaison between worship planning staff and sound support staff and lay worship leadership.
- Execution of the details relating to the vision and practices for all worship services
- Facilitate and actively participate in all worship planning meetings
- Provide individual worship preparation input and assistance, as needed, with preaching pastor and music leaders
- Assess and attend all worship services
- Facilitate debriefing of worship services and events, and help ensure implementation of suggestions in the future
- Oversee worship staff and volunteers (sound, set-up, children’s ministry/choirs, deacons, ushers, flowers, fine arts, etc.)
- Oversee and coordinate scheduling of worship leaders (pastors, staff, volunteers, elders).
- Oversee and coordinate scheduling of special worship service elements (baptisms, all-church announcements, commissionings, multi-media presentations, etc.)
- Instruct worship leaders for all worship services
- Coordinate worship “props,” i.e. candles, crosses, media, lights, room set-up, etc.
- Facilitate Sunday pre-worship meetings for both services
- Lead weekly Worship Logistics meeting for both services
- Financial management responsibility for all worship budgets including WFA, worship administration, special worship elements, worship teams, all-church worship, etc.
- Create Worship Bulletins, PowerPoint slides, special service bulletins, and concert programs
- Maintain Worship Planning Current file, music/hymn database, and contemporary worship database
- Oversee scheduling of bulletin inserts and special announcements
- Oversee the sound team’s production of the weekly radio show, deciding what elements of each service are included in the final edit, facilitate communication with KFAX, assist with troubleshooting, etc.
- Maintain archival recordings and other information for all services and worship events
- Manage publicity for all First Pres worship events
- Global Church Conference: Provide oversight, facilitation, and creative input for worship planning; handle all logistics, stage managing, etc. of worship throughout the weekend, including working with speakers to facilitate all plenary sessions.
- Provide support for three annual concerts, including publicity, event production, and house management.
- Partner in the creation of all special worship services which and ensure the execution of the details of all services
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Desired Background and Skill Set
- Growing and deepening faith in Jesus Christ
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational experience
- Attention to detail to follow projects, ideas, and needs all the way through to completion
- Ability to strategically organize work coming from executive staff members
- Good people skills with an ability to work with staff and volunteers
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Proficient knowledge of software programs including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Finale, InDesign, as well as willingness and ability to learn new software applications.
- Familiarity with how churches work is highly desirable.
Work schedule: Tuesday- Friday; Sunday
Final job offer will be contingent on criminal record background check.
To apply, visit http://www.fpcberkeley.org/employment.as for details.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Accounting SpecialistRock Point Church
- Queen Creek, Arizona
- January 18
Ministry Assistant to the Director of Pastoral CareSugar Creek Baptist Church
- Sugar Land, Texas
- January 9
Church Ministry AdministratorFriends Community Church
- Brea, California
- January 3
PastorThe Shepherd's Staff
- Anywhere, Texas
- December 30
Teacher, Pastor, Missionary, StaffOlive International School
- Beijing, Not Assigned
- August 23
First Presbyterian Church
We are a community thoughtfully engaged in our faith, embracing people of all ages, ethnicities, backgrounds, and circumstances. This is a place where questions can be asked, honest reflection is encouraged, creativity is cultivated, and where faith is not a formula, but a life lived. We seek to be engaged locally and around the world, to listen and to learn, to embody justice and compassion, and to share the love of Jesus Christ in tangible ways as we journey together. More...