South Gate Baptist Church
Location: Springfield MO
Denomination: Baptist - SBC
Current Average Church Worship Attendance - 300
Job type: Full-Time
At South Gate Baptist Church, we say this is “A Place of New Beginnings.” It’s a place for those seeking to discover the Lord, those new to the faith, those seeking a new church family, and for members as they grow each new day in Christ.
South Gate is an intergenerational church, offering a blended style of worship. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic man of God to join our ministry team as Worship Minister.
South Gate Baptist Church is uniquely positioned and equipped for explosive growth in the very near future.
Qualities and Qualifications needed:
- Passion for Christ and for bringing people before the throne of God through worship
- Dynamic, energetic, and outgoing personality
- Strong instrumental and/or vocal music talents
- Model Christ in behavior and relationships and model biblical family life
- Exercise initiative and time management in performing job duties
- Willingness to work as part of the ministry team under the leadership of the Senior Pastor
- Reliance on God through a growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ and adherence to the doctrinal beliefs in the Baptist Faith and Message
- Clear calling from God in worship ministry
- College degree (with emphasis in music preferred), or equivalent successful experience as a worship leader
- Plan all aspects of worship for worship services, coordinating with the senior pastor
- Direct the adult choir and worship teams in leading worship, presenting special music on a regular basis, planning and presenting seasonal pageants, and other outreach opportunities
- Generate enthusiasm and participation in congregational singing, also recruiting interested individuals to participate in worship leadership
- Select and order music and provide instrumental chord charts for worship teams
- Perform necessary record keeping for planning and overseeing a budget for the worship ministry, maintaining control of music and equipment, and maintaining compliance with copyright laws
- Other duties as needed in audiovisual media, drama ministry, etc.
- Support and direct other music groups within the church, such as senior choir, ensembles and youth music groups
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and quarterly ministry retreats
- Willingly accept other ministerial responsibilities as assigned and or as needed
To apply, please submit a resume and a brief letter about yourself and your passions in ministry to email@example.com or mail to South Gate Baptist Church 5701 S Farm Rd 157, Springfield MO 65810.
A picture of you and your family, if applicable, and/or a video link or DVD of you leading in worship is desirable.