Position Status: Salaried, Full Time (Exempt)
Responsible To: Senior Pastor/Staff Pastor Parish Committee
PURPOSE: Develop and implement a vision, strategy and tactical elements for all programs, activities and educational aspects related to Children’s Ministry ages birth through 5th grade in order to provide a safe, Christian
environment that encourages all children to learn about and to develop a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ; offers opportunities for multi-age participation in socials, fellowship, community service, and outreach; and encourages and equips parents to
develop a biblical worldview in their children
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Lead the Children’s ministries program including review of current programs, initiation of new and innovative programs and oversight of Sunday, weekday, on-going, seasonal, and special programs
- Nurture, resource, equip and shepherd a network of spiritually gifted coaches, leaders, mentors, and apprentices who can disciple children toward spiritual maturity
- Choose and prepare curriculum for each program and age level that progressively deepens children’s spiritual development
- Create environments, activities and programming for each age group that will facilitate learning and encourage spiritual growth.
- Work with pastoral staff to provide care for children and families within the church.
- Maintain a strategy for reaching and assimilating new children and families.
- Create and effectively manage the ministry’s budget.
- Communicate consistently with parents and congregation on Children’s Ministry issues and events.
- Schedule and chair monthly Children’s Council meetings. Attend staff meetings and other meetings as required.
- Create and maintain children’s participation database
- Ensure that Safe Sanctuaries policies are followed at all times.
- Supervise Assistant Children’s Director and the Directors of Daycare and Preschool programs.
- Committed Christian with a heart for working with young children and their parents
- A degree in Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, or Christian Education is preferred
- A minimum of four years’ work experience with children is required
- Desire to work with and interpersonal skills required to effectively communicate with children and families serving, encouraging, nurturing, and shepherding.
- Should be willing and able to work at a fast pace within a variety of settings and circumstances, with composure and flexibility.
- Should be a person who gives extreme attention to details with an eye for excellence.
- Should be a self-starter, good at multi-tasking, time management and prioritizing projects.
- Endorse and support MUMC and her mission
- Background check and drug test
Resumes along with salary requirements should be emailed directly to Rev. Dr. Tom Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 19, 2014.