The primary role of Campus Pastor is to be a DNA carrier. He is to catch The Bible Chapel's mission, direction, and culture (DNA) and
cast it into a new community context. He needs to be a good communicator, a team builder, an initiator, a builder, a self-starter, a team player, and growth-oriented.
- Lead core Multi-site team (Worship Leader, Children's Miinistry, Communication Coordinator, Life Group Leaders, Connections, Hopsitality, Tech Arts, Youth Leader)
- Represent new campus to South Hills campus (attend staff meetings, coordinate with ministries)
- Maintain the primary up-front presence for weekend services at campus
- Shape The Bible Chapel culture/ministries to fit particular community context
- Relationship-building/Networking in community of new campus
- Point person for pastoral care at new campus (Life Groups as primary care vehicle)
Spiritual Gifts: Leadership, Pioneering, Evangelism, Pastor-shepherd
Energy: People/Task Oriented - Needs to relate well with people and build teams to accomplish mission.
Relate: Piler/Filer - Needs to be structured enough to coordinate with SHBC ministries/weekend services and spontaneous enough to seize opportunities and build relationships in local community context.
Values: Transforming lives and local community through the local church.
Experience: Mature believer in agreement with belief and teaching of the The Bible Chapel; seminary degree preferred; leading new ministries, building teams, helping people grow in their faith.
Time Allocation: Full-Time
Accountability: Responsible to the Executive Pastor