Visual Production Director
As a member of the Creative Arts and Communications Team, this role requires a person who has a passion for telling God-stories through images, is a conceptual thinker with excellent communication skills, and is able to take creative concepts from start
to finish. The applicant should be a strong shooter/editor with extensive understanding of framing, lenses, lighting and cameras (DSLR and camcorder). Candidate would also benefit greatly by having competent graphic design, and/or motion graphic/animation
skills as well. Ministry leadership experience is highly desired, but will consider a candidate looking to take the next step in their ministry career.
Riverbend is looking for a person who works well with deadlines, is organized and ultimately creatively productive. We are team-oriented and are looking for someone who works well in a collaborative environment. Must provide a link to a website, demo reel,
Vimeo page, etc. with most current work.
- Serve on the Creative Arts and Communications Teams
- Contribute to programming of weekend worship service’s creative elements
- Attend weekly meetings to review, brainstorm and plan for upcoming services
- Design and implement engaging video content to creatively communicate thematic and non-thematic elements for the weekend worship experience at Riverbend Church
- Conceptualize (along with Creative Arts Team), shoot and edit creative content:
- Life-change testimonies
- Short message/thematic support pieces (comedic, narrative, conceptual, etc.)
- Great(!) sense of humor and understanding of culture coveted.
- Specific ministry and church-wide promo, etc.
- Weekly announcement videos
- Help create message series bumpers
- Experience in story-boarding
- Manage shoots efficiently including contacting and directing talent
- Competency and versatility (thru skill, knowledge and experience) in video, lighting, computer graphics/visual design and visual animation technology and tools.
- Team and ministry leading
- Hire, creatively lead, and manage, contract ‘creatives’ on per-project/as needed basis.
- Requires ability to schedule, plan, manage and work within budget when contracting industry pros for the purpose of certain creative production.
- Train and equip volunteer teams and interns to assist with conceptualization and production of certain creative content and weekly executables.
- Passionately pursue, recruit and equip lay persons to volunteer their time, treasures and talents for the work of the ministry.
- Seek to teach, model, reflect and invest in current – and as yet to be identified - Riverbend volunteers for the ‘equipping of the saints for the work of the ministry’ (Eph. 4:12).
- 3-5 years of experience behind a camera and in all phases of video production.
- Strong technical background re: camera rigs, lighting, video production gear, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products: Photoshop, After Effects/Motion, Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premiere;
Illustrator, InDesign a plus
- TV production experience and knowledge very helpful.
Riverbend Church is a 2K+-sized, creative arts-loving, Austin-embracing church in the Westlake Hills of the hippest, fastest-growing town in the US. In addition to its primary purpose as a leading Worship-focused church in the greater Austin area, Riverbend
has been known for championing all arts – with an emphasis on music – and is also a premiere performing arts venue.
This position will be best suited to a person with a fresh edge, current-culture awareness, a distinct voice, and a clear calling to ministry in a Christ-centered atmosphere.