Title: Associate Pastor of Discipleship
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Objective: Implement and oversee GREFC’s vision and strategy for discipleship.
The Associate Pastor of Discipleship is primarily responsible for equipping, leading, supporting and developing various ministries needed to live out GREFC’s core values. He leads and seeks to help every member, regular attender, visitor and guest feel welcome
and connected to the church body. He works with the Elders and Senior Pastor to develop the strategies and ministries needed to promote discipleship and to equip and empower people to serve and love God. He contributes to the team spirit of the GREFC staff
and Elder board through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer support and other appropriate ways, as he serves the Lord Jesus Christ, and His church.
- Discipleship Ministries: The goal of the Associate Pastor of Discipleship is to help the assigned ministry areas. He will look to equip current adult volunteers in ministry areas which will include recruiting new ministry leaders, training and
mentoring current leaders and ongoing support to help increase spiritual effectiveness within the assigned areas of the church. The final assigned ministry areas will be negotiated and determined on the candidate’s giftedness and based on the current level
of need with the various church ministries. (Potential Areas of Leadership: worship, adult community groups, children’s ministry areas, assimilation, and missions)
- Student Ministries: The associate Pastor of Discipleship will use a portion of his time to support and equip the current adult volunteers in our middle school and high school student ministries. This will include recruiting new leaders, training,
mentoring current leaders and provide ongoing support to help increase spiritual effectiveness within the youth ministry.
- Pastoral Ministries: The Associate Pastor of Discipleship participates in the general pastoral care of the congregation as directed by the Senior Pastor. This includes, but is not limited to, providing teaching, biblical counseling, performing
weddings and funerals, assisting with visitation, and participating in the Sunday morning worship services.
- 4-Year Bachelor’s Degree with ministry experience.
- The ability to be a team player.
- A desire to see transformation take place in people’s lives.
- Proven ability to develop and implement strategy.
- Must possess strong leadership so as to provide effective training for other leaders.
- An ability to recruit, build teams, develop and direct lay leaders.
- A track record of being teachable and a learner.
- 5 years of leadership in discipleship & church ministry.
- Spiritual gift mix that includes leadership, evangelism, shepherding and teaching.