The ideal candidate will have:
- Must fulfill Scriptural qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7; Titus 1:5-9
- Seminary degree
- 10+ years of senior pastor experience
- Agree with the Baptist Faith & Message 2000
$60,000-$70,000 commensurate with experience
Responsible To: The Senior Pastor will be under the direction of God and is responsible to the church body.
Principle Function: The Senior Pastor is responsible for providing administrative leadership for the church and for using his skills in proclamation and pastoral care in meeting the needs of persons in the church
1. He is the spiritual leader and overseer of the congregation.
2. Provide administrative leadership for the total church program.
3. Proclaim the gospel and lead the church in proclaiming the gospel to the church and community.
4. Lead the staff and the church in a caring ministry for persons in the church and community.
5. Lead or delegate the leadership of the congregational services: plan, coordinate and evaluate congregational services.
6. Preach at all worship services that include preaching or arrange for someone to perform this function.
7. Serve as moderator for the church. Designate a substitute moderator when absent.
8. Give supervision to other members of the church staff.
9. Plan and provide leadership in the observance of church ordinances.
10. Counsel with and assist in training deacons for their responsibilities.
11. Give direction to the week-day operation of the church office.
12. Work with the Chairman of the Finance Team in promoting the annual stewardship emphasis of the congregation. Promote a year-round stewardship emphasis.
13. Work with the organization leaders, the Building and Grounds Committee and the Deacon Body on projecting and evaluating the need for additional facilities.
14. Work with leaders of church organizations to assign church facilities for regular meetings and special activities.
15. Serve as ex-officio member of the Deacon Body and on all church committees.
16. Periodically review wage and salary structures, personnel practices, fringe benefits, and make recommendations to the Personnel Committee and/or Finance Team.
17. With the help of the church staff plan and produce general church publicity and promotion materials.
Concluding Statement: Realizing the impossibility of putting into writing all responsibilities pertaining to this office, the aforementioned are simply guidelines and would herein express the faith that said
employed minister will work compatibly with all concerned for the success of the entire church.
For a more complete look at our church please visit our website