Ministry Description for:
Global Communications Director
The purpose of the Communications Director role is to advance the overall mission of Oasis church by Owning, Communicating and Protecting the Vision, Mission, DNA of Oasis Church cross Campus and across all ministry lanes.
The Communications Director is responsible for and focused on leadership and team development, oversight and execution of all aspects of Communications and Marketing as outlined below:
- Lead All efforts related to the creation and development of Oasis Church website.
- Proactively work to make sure Oasis maintains an effective presence on the web including.
- Develop system to organize, prioritize and communicate promotional items related to Oasis.
- Create communication strategies to market, inform, and promote teaching series, big events and other campaigns assigned.
- Oversee all written materials related to promotions.
- Manage ongoing social media messaging and communication strategies, in coordination with Writer/Editor on Communications Team.
- Creatively build followings on various social media outlets including but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Design & Brand Management
- Lead efforts to design all art and promotional materials related to church-wide activities with a high standard of creativity, excellence and effectiveness.
- Network with paid and volunteer artists to develop graphic designs.
- Monitor the look, vibe and feel of all promotional materials representing.
- Oversee the use of logos and images that represent Oasis.
- Work in tandem with Creative Arts Director and team to create consistency in messaging from the front door to the back door.
- Develop creative ways to communicate desired messages with the worship audience. Join brainstorming and creative sessions in developing worship series and programs.
- Create Positive Relationships with local and national media.
- Oversee efforts relates to securing or responding to media attention.
- Develop policy and procedures related to media relations.
- Weekend presence is required for volunteer recruiting and team development. (Weekend shedule TBD with supervisor).
- Enlist, equip and encourage qualified volunteers such as artists, designers, photographers, and writers.
General Skills Needed:
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to use communications to reach others.
- Intermediary Proficiency in Adobe applications such as InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Understanding of effective layout design (for items such as postcards, flyers, brochures, forms, etc.)
- Experience working with commercial printers and various merchandise vendors.
- Knowledge of print-ready file standards.
- An eye for well-crafted user experience & detail.a
- Proven ability to take projects from beginning to end.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects.
- Action-oriented and displays focus, passion and initiative.
- Organized, creative thinker and highly productive, working in a fast-paced environment.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Excellent Written and oral communications skills.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Communications DirectorIngleside Baptist Church
- Macon, Georgia
- January 13
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- January 11
Communications Directorthe Journey at First Baptist Orange City
- Orange City, Florida
- January 11
Video ProducerFellowship Bible Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- January 10
Chief Video EditorThe Watchman Show
- Washington, District of Columbia
- December 30