Please include a sample of your music/worship leading with your resume. Thank you!
WORSHIP PASTOR PROFILE
The simple job description of our Worship Pastor is to recruit, equip and mobilize teams that facilitate powerful worship experiences for people who are at any point of their faith journey, in alignment with the ECC vision, mission and values.
THE KEYS TO SUCCESS:
1. Talent scout, recruiter and developer. Has a passion for people with music gifts and passions finding their place of ministry in the arts. Develops a training pipeline that makes room for people of almost all skill levels to grow their gifts for God.
2. Building and Leading Teams. Is a proven team player who delights in giving ministry away and empowering leaders to experience the thrill of offering meaningful and substantial leadership for the Kingdom.
3. Leading and Engaging people in Worship. Has an ability to help people move toward God in worship. Understands the variety of people who attend any gathering and helps them all engage at their level, and desire to grow to a new level of worship, while helping the "spectator" not lose connection.
4. Has a passion for the local church. Shares our deep conviction that the key to changing the world is the Church; turning congregants into missionaries who intentionally bring Christ into their traffic patterns and view their world as their mission field. Inspires others with their thirst for results and are infectious about the Kingdom. Tenacious and relentlessly positive.
5. Judgment. Makes wise decisions despite ambiguity. Identifies root causes and gets beyond treating symptoms. Thinks strategically and can articulate what they are, and are not, trying to do. Smartly separates what must be done well now, and what can be improved later.
6. Entrepreneur. An initiator who accomplishes his or her vision through the equipping and releasing of people. A self-starter.
7. Strong Communicator. Listens well, is concise and articulate in speech and writing, treats people with respect and maintains poise in stressful situations.
8. Curiousity. Learns rapidly and eagerly. Seeks to understand our strategy, culture, growth opportunities and target audiences. Broadly knowledgable about spiritual formation, team building and leadership. Contributes effectively outside of his/her specialty.
9. Courage. Says what he/she thinks even if it is controversial. Makes tough decisions without excessive agonizing. Questions actions inconsistent with our values.
10. Honesty. Known for their candor and directness. Non-political when they disagree with others. They only say things about fellow team members they have said to their face. Quick to admit mistakes. Open, appropriately transparent and authentic.
11. Selflessness. They seek what is best for ECC, rather than best for themself or their ministry area. Ego-less when searching for the best ideas. Makes time to help colleagues. Shares information openly and proactively.
The Pastor of Worship & Media is primarily responsible for developing and overseeing the musical and artistic aspects of the ministry of Evergreen Christian Community. Through worship and other medium, the Worship Pastor will facilitate an environment that allows people to engage in a life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ and helps build an authentic community of followers actively involved in service to Him. The Pastor of Worship will serve as part of the overall pastoral team, reporting primarily and directly to the Lead Pastor.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (as serves LEAD PASTOR)
1. Works with and Assists the Lead Pastor with Overall Church Goals & Objectives as follows:
a. Leads the congregation in worship at least 36 Sundays per year.
b. Demonstrates & communicates the heart & spirit of worship to the congregation.
c. Demonstrates a servant’s heart.
d. Provides care for the facility, its workers, and volunteers in ministry.
e. Integrates and evaluates standards of excellence in worship programming.
f. Communicates regularly with ECC attendees in support of events & programs.
g. Communicates and models the vision of ECC with the staff and attendees of the campus.
h. Facilitates special projects, events, services, conferences, etc.
i. Acts as a catalyst for new initiatives in support of ECC's vision.
2. Works with the Pastoral Staff as a Team to help build all aspects of ministries as they relate to Worship. (as serves TEAM PASTORS - DEPARTMENTS )
a. Identify, recruit & develop musicians & tech personnel to facilitate worship in each campus.
b. Works with Campus Pastors and Media Director to oversee development of creative arts and media appropriate for weekly services, holidays, missions focus, other special events, etc.
c. Develops the repertoire of “hymns, psalms & spiritual songs” that facilitates engaging worship during services.
d. Pastoral care of worship members, tech and media personnel.
e. Works with Campus Pastors and Media Director to facilitate worship & media for outreach events.
3. Leads Weekend and other Pertinent Special Services. (WEEKLY SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES)
a. Lead worship at designated campus for weekend services & special events.
b. Develop & maintain personnel schedule for worship teams, tech, media, etc for all campuses.
c. Continued development & training of musicians, tech & media personnel.
d. Preaches occasionally designated live Sundays.
e. Lead and/or participate in altar ministry times.
f. Works with Campus Pastors and Maintenance Staff to ready stage for Sunday service.
g. Attends and supports various “all campus” events (rallies, missions conventions, church work days, etc.).
h. Schedule and facilitate events with special music guests.
4. Manages Budgets for all related ministry responsibilities.
a. Includes: worship, special guests, set design, and others.
5. Attends and Contributes to the Weekly Staff Meeting.
a. Presents weekly follow up report.
b. Comes prepared for vision casting.
6. Meets Weekly Schedule Expectations.
a. Works from the Black Lake office and maintains communication with the Black Lake office staff (skype, cell phone etc.).
b. Returns phone calls and emails promptly.
c. Maintains office hours as directed by the Lead Pastor.
d. Interacts with the local community to develop and grow the church.
e. Works with other Campus Pastors to continue to grow all ministries at all venues of ECC.
7. Maintains Building and Church Decorations.
a. Weekly care of facilities as they relate to worship department.
8. Cooperates in Full with the Objectives Outlined in the Evergreen Employee Handbook.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS
1. Key Indicators
a. Service responsibilities: duties performed efficiently & professionally.
b. Team development: perceptive growth of worship team & its members both numerically & spiritually.
c. Regular updating, improvement & maintenance to all aspects of ministry as noted in PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES #2. (Songs/music, technology, web, etc.)
d. Holds regular meetings / training of team leaders & individuals on team.
e. Aspects of ministry and responsibilities do not suffer significantly when absent.
2. Individual Goals
3. Annual Evaluation
4. Compliance with Policies and Procedures
5. Team Building
6. Self-Starter with an Entrepreneurial Work Ethic
7. Genuine Care for People
8. Good Communicator
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Assistant Worship LeaderONEeighty church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25
Contemporary Worship LeaderStepney Baptist Church
- Monroe, Connecticut
- October 24
Worship Leader, Niceville CampusCrosspoint
- Niceville, Florida
- October 24
Director of Worship ArtsCalvary Community Church
- Manteca, California
- October 24
Evergreen Christian Community
Evergreen Christian Community is a prevailing Assembly of God church located in Olympia, Washington. We are over 100 years old and enjoying more impact than ever before in our history. Our vision is to see an epic season of people coming to Jesus through a movement of more and better followers of Jesus who love and serve like Him. We are known as a safe place to be real, a dynamic place to grow, and a community that loves our city. We have two campuses, a Community Center, a K-8 Christian School, and a low-income auto-repair shop. Music exp More...