We’re looking for a humble leader with a shepherd’s heart, who has a passion to help a large, rapidly growing church consistently deliver outstanding environments so people will get “plugged in” to growth opportunities and service and be ministered to when
needs arise. As our Care & Connection Pastor, you will lead and oversee the various teams of people who provide a warm, welcoming environment on Sunday mornings as well as people and resources to assist those in the Body who are faced with difficult
circumstances and are in need of practical help. Our church is growing quickly. We want someone who can lead and serve people with excellence and humility. You must be able to lead the way in the recruitment, organization and training of our volunteers
as you model humble, strong leadership that takes our Care and Connection Ministry to the next level of growth and impact.
The Connection/Care ministry equips gifted people to serve - to lead and care for one another. God invites us to love one another as we love ourselves. Our Connection Teams help new people connect with our congregation and our Care Teams help us take care
of one another. Connection Teams focus on helping new people make connections with existing Partners and identifying their spiritual gifts so they can find ministry opportunities in their “sweet spot. “
Our Care Teams provide ongoing support for our homebound people, loving, caring and providing for our sick and needy.
Ministry Summary God is moving at Grace Fellowship! Nearly 400 people accepted Christ through our ministries in the past two years, with hundreds more taking deeper steps of surrender to Him. This is no exaggeration. We need a proven leader who will help
take our Care and Connection ministries to their next stage of development. We want a leader who would be excited to live in York, Pennsylvania, and enjoy life with our incredible staff and leaders. The right person will be excited about joining our team,
and being part of a true work of God that is underway here at Grace Fellowship.
You must love people, and people must respect you, follow you, learn from you and replicate you and your walk with Jesus Christ. They must see you as a spiritual champion with a heart for God and people. Our ministry leaders need to know how to prevent conflict
through good communication, and how to resolve conflict in godly ways should it arise.
You will be a champion of our Care and Connection Ministries, overseeing the screening, recruiting, training and leading of our volunteers so they are perpetually surrendering to God and equipped to serve others effectively.
You will develop and oversee our First Impressions Ministry, ensuring that visitors have a great first impression about Jesus Christ when on our campus and through our ministries. You will oversee and develop the “Grace Experience” from the time people drive
onto our campus to the moment they leave. You will help ensure that visitors become fully engaged disciples (Partners) with us. You will oversee and develop our benevolence ministries to ensure that people who are sick, hospitalized and in need are
cared for physically and spiritually. This will involve screening, recruiting, training and mobilizing our volunteers and deacons in caring for our people. Whereas managers maintain systems and teams, leaders inspire, train and grow teams and organizations.
We need a proven leader who will energize our Care and Connection Ministry. You must have solid experience screening, recruiting and training volunteers, and leading teams. You must have solid experience providing resources, education and training so our
volunteers can succeed with excellence. You must love God and people, and have a history of demonstrating this consistently. The ideal candidate will be characterized by humility while possessing a clear calling, passion and gifting to work with people.
- Born again follower of Jesus Christ, with personal integrity and an abiding walk of intimacy with God. You must be able to take others where you have personally gone, now are, and are going.
- We are looking for a person with the character qualifications found in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9, because these qualifications demonstrate spiritual maturity. You must also agree with our Vision, Mission, Values, and Doctrinal Statement and be excited
about our culture, as expressed in our document “The Culture of Grace.”
- You must have an obvious love for your spouse and children (if applicable), and a clear calling, passion and experience leading people in ministry and developing teams that share the same.
- You should be in shape physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually, prioritizing your own health so that you can run the race for Christ with the biblical mentality of a marathon runner.
- You must truly love people and be an organized person who is bent toward following through. It is vital that you are able to conceive, initiate and follow through with people and processes designed to spiritually equip the Body.
Education, Ministry Experience and Qualifications
- Genuine humility, as demonstrated by a teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others, preventing and resolving conflict.
- You must have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Graduation from a reputable college, Bible college or seminary, with a minimum B.A. or B.S. degree. If without a degree, we will consider commensurate experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years proven success in hospitable leadership in the area of care and connection, with proven ability to screen, recruit, train and motivate volunteers.
- Experience casting and implementing vision in a mid to large size church. You must have experience in strategic planning, event planning, screening, recruiting and mobilizing volunteers and handling logistics.
- Experience creating annual ministry budgets, or the equivalent. You must be able to anticipate and procure resources and needs annually and handle additional needs that may occur throughout the year. You must be able to help develop and work within a budget.
- A strong track record of being self-motivated, organized and successful with little supervision, yet able to work excellently with the Next Steps Pastor and other ministry peers and leaders.
Overview of Responsibilities
- You and your family will be enthusiastic Partners at Grace Fellowship.
- You will develop and oversee our “first impressions” efforts, ensuring that first-time visitors are intentionally loved, embraced and welcomed.
- You will oversee the screening, recruiting and training of parking lot greeters, greeters within our building, ushers, and the people who man our
- You will work closely with our Next Steps Pastor, ensuring that visitors become
Partners, fully integrated into the Grace Fellowship family, actively involved in ministry.
- You will develop and nurture a great relationship with our Public Relations Catalyst, who oversees the public “face” of Grace Fellowship.
- You will develop and oversee our benevolence efforts, and will involve our Deacons in acts of service for the needy within our congregation. You will ensure that our people who are hospitalized, sick and in need are cared for, prayed for and loved.
- You will screen and recruit volunteers and staff to ensure we have the right people doing the right things in the right ways, so that our
Care and Connection Ministry flourishes.
- You will wisely implement administrative procedures and policies, and develop, post and enforce ministry policies and procedures.
- You will work with our contact management system, called Church
Community Builder (CCB) to ensure visitor information is logged and maintained in an organized fashion, readily accessible by the staff and leaders of the church.
Your Next Steps
- Pray and ask God if He may be bringing us together. If you are married, please involve your spouse in your decision-making process.
- Send a quality photograph of yourself and your spouse/family (if applicable).
- Submit a PDF version of your resume, and a
cover letter specifically outlining your interest and reasons for applying for this particular position.
- Submit the names and contact information of at least three (3)
professional or ministry references who have at least eighteen (18) months’ first-hand knowledge of your experience handling responsibilities like those we require for this position. Preferred candidates are those who have pastored in a church
of at least 300 adults. References that do not reflect direct knowledge of your experience will not be considered. We will not contact your references without your permission, and will only do so if we pursue your candidacy with us. We take your privacy seriously
and will honor it.
- Upon further interest, you will be sent a preliminary questionnaire and be asked to complete a spiritual gifts and personality profile, to help determine your potential fit with us.