To upload your resume visit www.ccclife.org/employment. Please submit several video files of you leading worship along with your resume. Thank you.
Christ Community Church is a non-denominational multi-site church in the western suburbs of Chicago.
The goal of the Regional Campus Creative Arts Ministry is to support the teaching and outreach ministries of Christ Community Church through genuine worship and excellence in both programming and presentation, for the purpose of leading people into the life transforming presence of God and, to develop a Creative Arts community that is deeply devoted to Christ, to one another, to the pursuit of excellence and to worship as a lifestyle.
The Blackberry Creek Campus Creative Arts Director serves as the primary person responsible for the coordination of production of services at the Blackberry Creek (BC) Campus. This position is responsible for all aspects of production at the BC campus, beginning with rehearsals and leading up to the conclusion of the specific event or service, which includes: implementing the Worship Planning team’s directives, providing leadership to technical support staff, vocal teams, bands, orchestra, choir, soloists and ensembles, and ensuring that everything is done in a manner consistent with the vision for each service and in accordance with the standards of quality at Christ Community Church.
The Blackberry Creek Campus Creative Arts Director also serves as a support worship leader for the SC campus and for “One-Church” special events as recommended; additionally, shares responsibility with the “One-Church” CA team for the development of service design and other team agreed new ideas.
As the primary worship leader at the Blackberry Creek Campus, this individual is also responsible for leading the Christ Community Church congregation in worship in a way that reflects a balance of spirit and truth (both emotional warmth and solid biblical content) and blends different styles of music so that worshippers will mature in their understanding of God.
The gift sets important to the fulfillment of this position include:
Creative Worship - Possesses the ability to identify musical skills & address skill building needs for individuals and teams
Shepherd – Exhibits the ability to shepherd team and lay leadership
Leadership - Possesses the leadership gift needed to cast a strategic vision
Administration - Demonstrates the administrative skills to organize a dynamic ministry
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
CREATIVE ARTS DIRECTION / BLACKBERRY CREEK CAMPUS
- Transfers and implements the vision of the Creative Arts Team to the regional campus
- Plans and produces color elements involving interviews, testimonials and special guests if different from St. Charles campus
- Leads campus rehearsals and services on a regular, ongoing basis
- Serves as the primary worship leader at the regional home campus
- Directs the work and training of producers and volunteers relating to music elements for weekend services, concerts and special events
- Meets monthly with the Technical Director as needed to identify and implement a plan to meet the specific needs of services and special events
- Participates in the worship team, worship planning and review meetings at the regional and St. Charles Campus
- Implements all BC or DC process-related tasks that come out of these, or any other service/event related planning meetings
DEVELOPMENT OF VOLUNTEER TEAMS
- Identifies candidates to serve and support Creative Arts functions at the regional; works to build and maintain highly functioning volunteers in areas such as worship, choir, and worship band
- Develops systems to ensure that all volunteers are equipped and empowered for service
- Personally mentors and shepherds staff and key lay leaders within the Creative Arts ministry; supports and equips creative arts lay leaders serving in other ministry areas
- Builds rapport with team members to influence growth and creativity
LEADING / MANAGEMENT
- Meets periodically with lay-leaders for ongoing mentoring, discipleship and shepherding
- Encourages team members to participate in believer’s baptism, membership classes, community groups and FPU classes
- Ministers to team and individual needs as they arise
- Leads worship occasionally at other campuses
PASTORAL CARE/ REGIONAL CAMPUS
- Regular & Ongoing- evangelism/outreach, shepherding/discipleship and serving as baptism coordinator for campus services
- As needed/directed – weddings, funerals, baby dedications, serving communion, missions trips
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS DIRECTED BY THE CREATIVE ARTS TEAM CAPTAIN AND/OR REGIONAL CAMPUS PASTOR
The Regional Creative Arts Director agree to take on additional responsibilities as directed by the supervisors and as necessary for the continued development of the Creative Arts ministries of Christ Community Church. These responsibilities will most likely be added according to the gifts, passions and talents of the employee, designed to address the growing and changing needs of the ministry team and may be added at the initiative and discretion of the supervisor.
- Reports to the Blackberry Creek Campus Pastor
- Serves as a part of and interacts significantly with the Blackberry Creek Campus team
- Collaborates with and takes direction as needed from Creative Arts Team Captain for the implementation of campus specific services and events, and for implementation of worship execution
- Supervises the part time campus Technical Specialist
- Helps recruit, schedule and supervise volunteers in support roles
- Meets with other ministry leaders and team members to coordinate specific color elements and creative arts special events
- Submits to the Senior Pastor and Board of Elders of Christ Community Church
- Full Time Experience in service design and implementation in contemporary worship settings, preferably in a church of 300+ attendees
- Ability to lead worship while playing an instrument, such piano, keyboard or guitar
- Experience recruiting, developing, and deploying volunteer teams
- Flexibility in scheduled work hours based upon special events and regular weekend services
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for use in a variety of settings from formal presentations and large community gatherings to informational meetings to 1 on 1 counseling or discipleship opportunities
- Detail oriented with excellent communications skills
- Availability to participate in missions related ministry opportunities
- Key spiritual gifts including leadership, creative worship, administration and shepherding
- A growing committed follower of Jesus Christ. (1 Tim 3:1-7; Titus 1:6-9)
- Willingness to commit in membership to Christ Community Church within first 12 months of employment
- Ability to fulfill the physical, mental and emotional requirements of the position, and work within the necessary work environments, as listed in the attached ADA task list, which is considered an addendum to this job description
- Willingness and ability to comply with and support all policies, procedures, standards and statements outlined in the Employee Handbook, position papers and other governing documents created for Christ Community Church
- If married, a home as spelled out in Eph. 5:21-6:4
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
Youth / Worship PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- September 23
Pastor of WorshipAnchorage City Church
- Anchorage, Alaska
- September 22
Director of Worship Arts and ProgrammingNorthwest Chapel
- Dublin, Ohio
- September 22
Worship PastorThe Ransom Church
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- September 22
Christ Community Church
Beginning with a group of six families in 1984, Christ Community Church has grown to over 5000 weekend attenders, including our DeKalb Campus in DeKalb County, Blackberry Creek Campus in southern Kane County, and Bartlett Campus currently meeting at the Bartlett Community Center. A significant focus on reaching spiritually lost people has resulted in over 200 new believers being baptized each year. Christ Community had humble beginnings with services held in a rented movie theater. Weekly activities now take place in our 100,000 square foot More...