Job Title: One Church KIDS Director
Supervisor Title: Lead Pastor
Date Revised: October 14, 2014
One Church lives out our mission with our three core values:
- One Church is a safe place to express your questions and doubts.
- No perfect people allowed.
- Following Jesus is as much about this world as the next.
Ultimately, we want to be “the church of the one last chance.” If unchurched and dechurched people are willing to give God and the church one last chance, we want to be a church they will try.
The mission of One Church is to create a community in which people who are disconnected from God or church become growing followers of Jesus Christ.
II. Job Summary
The One Church KIDS director serves as the general administrative leader of the children’s ministry. This person is responsible for coordinating the work of all children’s ministry. He or she leads the children’s ministry team in planning, organizing, enlisting
and equipping leaders, and in mobilizing members to achieve goals toward the children ministries stated objectives.
At a minimum, the One Church Students Director needs to demonstrate the following:
- A personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord as well as a strong desire to serve within the church
- Willingness to become a Participating Member of One Church during the next Participating Membership offered after hire and fulfill the responsibilities entailed in Participating Membership
- A sense of calling in children’s’ ministry
- The ability to work effectively with children and adult volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize, lead, and guide complex projects and spontaneous activities related to children’s’ ministries
- Competence in basic lay counseling and listening skills appropriate for children’s ministry
- Willingness to work cooperatively with others, to maintain a positive outlook and disposition, and to be flexible in solving problems
- The ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others through strict confidentiality. (Refraining from indiscriminately sharing personal information is critical. Discretion must be exercised when dealing with the public, children, and their parents,
and the church’s leaders and members.)
- Weekly attendance at worship
- Completion of college-level or higher course work in Christian Education and/or Children Ministries, and/or comparable experience
In addition this position requires:
- Satisfactory Background Check as per One Church stated policy
- Complete Safe Sanctuary Training
- A minimum age of 23 to comply with the One Church Safe Sanctuaries policy
IV. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead in developing an effective organization that facilitates spiritual transformation for One Church KIDS ages infant to grade 6.
- Lead in planning and administering the total work of the department
- Lead in efforts to call participants into volunteer service and in enlisting and developing new leaders
- Meet regularly with teachers for prayer, planning and making assignments related to evangelism and outreach, fellowship, ministry and Bible teaching
- Communicate goals and actions to leaders and participants and evaluate progress
- Serve as the lead teacher for the department, directing the overall teaching-learning experience and teaching during parts of the session that will involve all participants and teachers together
- Evaluate needs related to space, budget, Bible study curriculum, supplies and other resources and recommend actions related to needs.
- Maintain attendance records and other participant information that strengthens the department's pursuit of the overall objectives of Sunday School
- Set a positive example for others by living as an authentic witness of Christ and by being thoroughly involved in the life and ministry of the church
- Plan and implement additional events throughout the year including: Easter, Spring Blast, Trick or Treating, Thanksgiving “Thankful” video, Christmas
V. Work Relationship:
The One Church KIDS Director works under the direction of the Lead Pastor. Evaluations for compensation and benefits are the responsibility of the Lead Pastor in conjunction with the HR Committee of the One Church Board. Annual reviews shall be conducted
by the HR Committee, with feedback from the Lead Pastor, staff and others, and shall be submitted to the One Church Board for review and approval.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with education and experience.