Huron Hills Church is a 600 person, two site church strategically located in a thriving college town in Ann Arbor Michigan. Approximately 114,000 people live within a 20 minute drive of the church and 42,000 University of Michigan students attend school a few miles from the church facilities. We have a strong history of ministry throughout the university family. We are multi-staffed and have variety of strong ministries that reach deep into our community. We are poised to go to the next level in reaching our community and beyond.
We are looking for an experienced Lead Pastor who is a servant leader, with vision, passion for, and experience of, reaching people far from God in a culturally diverse setting. He will have leadership experience in a mulit-site, multi-staff, missionally minded church. He will have strong communication skills (both in the pulpit and inter-personally), a track record of developing new leaders, and the ability to motivate others to chase God and have kingdom impact.
Leadership and Vision
- A motivational leader, vision caster, and strategic planner
- A coach and team builder
- A missional mindset, a lifestyle of relational evangelism, and experience motivating and equipping others to effective community outreach.
- Able to lead in a way that earns the trust and support of the congregation, and builds consensus to navigate change.
- A big-picture thinker and proactive problem solver
- Skills in creating systems and shaping culture
- One who organizes, energizes, and empowers board, staff, and ministry leaders to implement our shared vision.
Preach and Teach
- Preaching for life transformation by applying the truth of God’s Word to people’s felt needs and spiritual needs in culturally relevant language that is challenging, inspiring, and high on practical application.
- Experience and skill in teaching various sized groups in seminar and classroom settings.
Exemplify Christian Character
- Model a life passionate for Jesus Christ and His church
- Model a heart committed to reaching the far from God and making disciples in accordance with the great commission
- Model attitudes and behaviors guided by biblical principles and demonstrate consistent spiritual growth
- The Lead Pastor shall meet the New Testament requirements for office as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9.
- A strong grace orientation and proven character of integrity, wisdom, humility, joy, compassion, authenticity, humor, and optimism. .
- A strong devotional and prayer life.
- Minimum of 5-10 years Lead or Senior Pastor experience in a large urban or suburban college town church
- Experience supervising 5-10 full time staff in a multi-site setting
- Master’s degree (MDiv preferred)
- Must agree with, and be energized by, our Mission, Vision, Statement of Faith, and Philosophy of Multi-site Ministry, and be willing to affiliate with Converge MidAmerican and Worldwide. https://www.convergemidamerica.org/
- Experience working with a church board of both men and women
Applicants should send their resume via email to Katie@convergemidamerica.org with the words HURON HILLS SEARCH in the subject line. Please do not send resumes to or contact the church directly.
Also applicants need to include an audio or video file or web link to a recent sermon. Video is preferred.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior PastorWoodcrest Chapel
- Columbia, Missouri
- January 22
Senior PastorMeadowdale Baptist Church
- Calhoun, Georgia
- January 21
Sr. PastorEast Chain Evangelical Free Church
- Granada, Minnesota
- January 20
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Dexter
- Dexter, Missouri
- January 19
Senior PastorFirst Baptist Church of Westerlo
- Westerlo, New York
- January 19
Converge MidAmerica is a missional network of gospel driven churches.
Converge MidAmerica is a proven church planting force reaching people from every segment of society. We are a missional network of likeminded churches who have worked together to start over 80 new churches in the last twelve years.
Converge MidAmerica is serious about church health with a number of new church health initiatives we commitment More...