Student Ministries Pastor
Position: Full-time, salaried, contract Reports to: Senior Pastor
The major purpose and responsibility of the Student Ministries Pastor is to instruct the children and youth to love Christ, the church, and its vision through spiritual development, mentoring, education, service opportunities and social events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
- Support the financial obligations of the church through tithe and offerings.
- Be early and prepared for all scheduled meetings.
- Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with Staff/non-staff workers, church membership, school districts, parents and community at large.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
LIAISON TO SENIOR PASTOR
- Local School Districts
- Provide pertinent information concerning student ministerial operations and trends
- Recruit, train and organize volunteer leaders to help with student ministry (i.e. lead Bible studies, plan social or service activities, provide transportation or food, attend the various children events and involve themselves more actively in the lives of the students) by conducting special training projects for workers and leadership meetings.
- Work with assigned grade levels (nursery to college) to develop cohesive strategies for Student Ministries.
- Prepare monthly schedules for all workers.
- Evaluate coordinators, leaders, and workers semi-annually
- Establish close relationships with school officials where our students attend.
- Coordinate with Worship Department in scheduling worship arts for student’s activities.
- Research, coordinate, continually assess, and enhance the student ministries Christian Educational program (curriculum development) and/or activities.
- Ensure that all programs and ministries in some way fulfill our mission to help students grow toward spiritual maturity.
- Develop and evaluate programs and ministries in conjunction with the ministry leaders. These should minimally include: weekly Sunday morning worship experiences, small groups, monthly fellowship/social events, annual spring break and summer activities, and other special events for children, i.e. birthday celebrations, and holiday celebrations.
- Encourage the integration of students into the life of the church through use and development of their gifts and by connecting them with worship, service, outreach and fellowship
- Investigate and inform parents and students about opportunities to attend camps, conventions, and summer mission projects and provide parents with regular opportunities to share concerns, to offer suggestions, or to inform you about specific needs of their children.
- Facilitate effective communication through newsletters, the church website, social media, personal contacts, bulletin announcements, a calendar of events, and reports (as requested), etc.
- Prepare and develop an annual student ministries’ budget.
- Keep Senior Pastor informed of any family/student concerns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Requires a bachelor's degree with experience in the field.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must have a passion for teaching at age appropriate levels using various learning styles, mentoring, and counseling children and youth
- Must be fun-loving, able to establish genuine relationships with students, parents, and volunteer workers, and not easily frustrated.
- Must have superb organizational skills, be a systematic thinker, and team player.
- Must possess the following skills: strategic planning, verbal and written communication, motivation, customer service, conflict resolution, multitasking, and project management.
- Must demonstrate the ability to receive instruction, interpret it, develop a plan of action, and communicate to necessary parties.
- Should have a heart for knowing God personally, for following Christ as a servant, and for keeping in step with the Spirit.
- As a leader and example to the congregation, the Minister should live a life of integrity in growing conformity to the standards of spiritual leadership set forth in Scripture (I Timothy 3:1-7).
- Should have the calling, gifts, vocational experience, and educational background necessary
- Must possess a gentle and humble spirit and be willing to grow and be taught.
- Self-discipline regarding personal time usage, and spiritual, physical and emotional health.
- Of utmost importance is a heart that is “wired for people” and thrives on nurturing and developing others.
- Must be a self-motivated person who is able to be effective when working independently without supervision and produce results.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Pastor of Children's MinistryDesert Vineyard Church
- Lancaster, California
- October 27
Children's Pastor / DirectorGrace World Outreach Church
- Brooksville, Florida
- October 27
Children's PastorSpringwell Church
- Taylors, South Carolina
- October 27
Director of Children's MinistriesCommunity Presbyterian Church
- Danville, California
- October 26