Pastor of Ministry Operations
Reports to: Personnel Ministry Team
Oversight: Ministry Team Directors
Hours: This is a full time Salary Position
The primary function of the PMO is to oversee the activities of the Ministry Team Directors under the guidance of the Senior Pastor.
The PMO will practice personal disciplines that reflect the Christian faith and the ability to communicate that faith through witness and example. The PMO is responsible for working closely with the staff and the senior pastor in order to provide quality
support in all ministries of the church.
Performance duties include, but are not limited to: (some duties are occasional)
- Serve on the STAFF with the other pastors
- Meet weekly with the staff to help set strategy, planning decisions for the church
- Provide information necessary for key decisions gathered from monthly ministry team director meetings
- Provide training, support, encouragement, supervision and motivation for all ministry team directors
- Effectively communicate with all ministry team directors
- Ensure ministry team directors are meeting goals and purposes of ministries
- Provide yearly Ministry team evaluations with all ministry team directors
- Share in the shepherding responsibilities such as hospital & funeral visitation, preaching at funerals, phone calls
- Share in counseling load (Marital, premarital, personal, weddings)
- Assist the Lead Pastor in Campus Development
- Work with Lead Pastor to determine strategies for facilities or property expansion
- Provide administrative assistance to the Lead Pastor for stewardship campaign efforts
- Assist lead pastor in leading the church through any building project, helping to provide clear communication to leaders, members and attendees
- Other duties: As a pastor, provide love and encouragement to all staff and lay leaders with whom you have contact or dealings
- Perform all others duties assigned by the Lead Pastor
- Adhere to the guidelines of the church staff handbook
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience: 5 years experience in ministry related field. Experience in business is favoredr
- Continuity in Doctrine: Church Statement of faith comes from the Southern Baptist Convention's Faith & Message.
- Exhibits professionalism, conscientious work ethic, teachability and accountability.
- Must be very conscious of the need for confidentiality
- Must enjoy people and view each member of the church as a gift and a valuable asset to the mission of the church.
- Must always exercise discernment and wise judgment
- Strong administrative skills
- Ability to work independently without supervision.