The job description below may look daunting but we are commited to helping our leaders succeed. We will go over this list and create a custom job description that conforms to the leader's strengths and gifts at the same time creating a vibrant and strong youth ministry.
At this time we are focusing our search to people who live in Southern California as we are not helping with or waiting for relocation. Thanks for understanding.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Hours will include 20 hours per week. $15,000 per year
- Oversee planning and promotion of all major events and weekly programming in such a way that students are engaged and followed up with.
- Weekly programming includes Tuesday Night, Sunday Morning and various events.
- Personally contact (email, call, text, FB, etc) at least 5 inactive students (or parents) a week or as appropriate.
- Maintain and review attendance at all Tuesday and Sunday morning services.
- Ensure that each youth on the directory is contacted at least once quarterly.
- Develop personal follow up plan for all first-time visitors, to be implemented within 48 hours of their visit.
- Ensure that relationships are being built between the leaders and the students.
- Cultivate an “off-campus” presence (visibility in the community apart from church events). Bring leaders along in attending student events (concerts, performances, sporting events, etc.). As possible, maintain presence on school campuses in order to meet friends of students and incarnate Christ to students in their context. This will include visiting Pacifica, Garden Grove and Rancho High School.
- As much as possible and as is appropriate, the youth director will make contact with youth parents. This includes, but is not limited to, notes, emails, phone calls etc.
- Provide orientation meetings each fall for junior high and high school parents.
- Responsible for the main teaching of the Youth Ministry. This includes teaching or ensuring that there is a qualified teacher for each event that involves teaching. This includes picking curriculum, and assessing teachers.
- Oversee planning and promotion of all major events (camps, fundraisers etc.)
Volunteer Leader Development
- Be responsible to recruit, train and, when possible, retain leaders in youth ministry in such a way that a ratio of 1 adult per every 5 students is maintained.
- Insure that all weekly youth ministry volunteers complete an application and training before they become involved.
- Meet personally with each volunteer at least once per quarter.
- Develop and distribute control documents in a timely fashion (the Youth Directory, the Youth Ministry Calendar, Calendar requests, Event and Trip registration Forms, Leaders Directory)
- Keep compliance documents up-to-date and distributed to all involved parties (background checks on volunteers and staff, etc.).
- Participate regularly in the church worship services in order to foster student integration into larger church body.
- Advocate for and cultivate student involvement in worship services.
Church Staff Coordination
- Communicate with the church staff, particularly the Senior Pastor, in such a way that they are informed and enthusiastically supportive of the priorities and programs of the youth ministry. Coordinate with CHILDRENS MINISTRY for promotion of kids to youth ministry.
- Troubleshoot problems in the youth ministry in a way that honors the concerns of those who bring them, and offer timely, creative solutions to problems in the youth ministry.
- Ensure that a budget is in place for the youth ministry each year.
- Monthly review of budget to make sure it is on target to be balanced.
- Living out the values of the Living Spring Youth Ministry
- Being supportive and enthusiastic about pursuing the mission and goals of Living Spring.
- Taking the equivalent of two days off weekly (at least one full day)
- Reading books regularly to aid in growth as a leader/teacher
- Sunday morning worship
- Church Staff Meeting
- Conference and District meetings as required
- Main Living Spring Events
- Seeking to be informed about any special victories, concerns or challenges, hospitalizations being faced by the youth and his or her family and, as often as reasonable, pass that information on to the youth leaders for personal follow up.
- Attending youth ministry major events enthusiastically, thanking volunteers and helping out with clean up, and enjoying afterglow with key volunteers and youth staff
- Being available for youth and their families as needs arise for pastoral care and support
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Pastor of High School MinistryThe Bridge Bible Church
- Bakersfield, California
- October 27
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Student Ministry PastorHighlands Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 25
Student Ministries DirectorDayspring Church
- Auburn, Indiana
- October 25
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Living Spring Christian Fellowship
Mission: With God's grace and direction, Living Spring will: REACH our neighborhood and the surrounding communities with the love of the Father (2 Peter 3:9) RESTORE lives to healthy relationship in the Son (2 Cor. 4:16) RESPOND to the move of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 12:7) More...