- Build & motivate teams of staff and volunteers. Inspiring others be passionate about their role in accomplishing the vision of the ministry.
- Develop and implement an ongoing plan to recruit, equip, and empower lay leaders and volunteers to accomplish all necessary components of the ministry.
- Relate well and build rapport with parents, volunteers, children and staff; utilizes diplomacy and tact in difficult situations.
B. Strategic Management
- Provide a compelling vision & strategy for children’s ministry (birth through 4th grade).
- Work with the leadership team to manage and provide action & accountability to the strategy, staffing and ministry implementation on a weekly basis.
- Lead, coach and develop ministry directors and provide oversight and lead monthly department meetings using a team approach.
- Network with other strong children’s pastors across the country and be knowledgeable of current trends within children’s ministry and possible implications and application to The Gate Church.
C. Communication and Marketing
- Be the voice of children’s ministry to children, parents, volunteers and children’s staff.
- Ensure that all ministry communication and marketing represents the vision and voice of the ministry.
- Work with the executive pastor and leadership team to develop, implement, and maintain a consistent multi-faceted communications strategy for all children’ s ministry events, recruiting of lay leaders and volunteers, and ministry awareness.
D. Programming & Worship Experience
- Provide vision in developing a biblical functioning ministry that is relevant to the community and provides varied opportunities for outreach, serving, equipping families and leadership development of children and volunteers.
- Monitor quality and effectiveness of curriculum in the elementary and early childhood ministries.
- Serve as part of the student ministries pastoral team working together to build a seamless experience for children of all ages as they grow at The Gate Church.
E. Pastoral Care
- Work with exectuive pastor to develop parent education ministry and assist in baby dedications.
- Meet with volunteers, children and parents as needed to provide prayer and ministerial support.
- Participate in continuing education opportunities as approved by the Executive Pastor.
- Participate in monthly “all church staff” meetings.
- Participate in any pastoral meetings.
III. STAFF RELATIONSHIPS
- Reports to the Executive Pastor.
- Work in cooperation with staff pastors, directors and coordinators in other ministries.
- Proven successful experience within a large children’s ministry.
- Experience in recruiting and developing a multi-level strategy for volunteers in the context of the local church.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and an ability to express vision and stories of how God is working in the ministry.
- Proven ability to take initiative, collaborate with others and problem solve.
- Intimate and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Maintain a consistent devotional time with God.
- Participation in a weekly support/directional pastor’s meeting.
- Work with a heavy, rigorous workload
- Attend worship services one time every other week.
- Provide oversight and be present during weekend services.
VI. CONDITIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT
- It is a privilege to serve the Lord in vocational ministry. Those who serve God in the pastoral staff at The Gate Church are expected to set a biblical standard of personal conduct and lifestyle.
- It is required that all staff members are in agreement with the vision and values of The Gate Church and adhere to the guidelines and conditions for employment as outlined in the Employee Handbook.