Mt Vernon is looking for a seasoned pastor to help shepherd the core and strengthen the ministry infrastructure of a growing church. He needs to be people driven and relationally structured with an attention to detail. Mt Vernon Church is located a few miles
outside of Columbus, MS. Our church vision is creating contagious communities of hope.
His job will include the following responsibilities:
Recognizing that real life change happens in the context of relationships, every attender of Mt Vernon should be provided the opportunity to be a part of a LifeGroup. Incumbent is the staff person that develops and manages systems and processes whose goals
are to maximize the number of people in LifeGroups while at the same time insuring LifeGroups are intentional about moving people from where they are to where God wants them to be. Typical responsibilities for maintaining and developing a dynamic LifeGroups
* Assimilates people into LifeGroups
* Determines the need for new LifeGroups
* Recruits and trains LifeGroup leaders
* Defines goals for LifeGroups and their leaders with expectation that discipleship is critical to success
* Disciples, encourages, trains, supports, prays for and evaluates the effectiveness of adult LifeGroup leaders
* Assists LifeGroup leaders by maintaining an awareness of effective resources
* Provides leadership and supervision for staff of age graded ministries to insure a comprehensive plan for education and discipleship from children through adults
* Works through LifeGroup leaders and other volunteers to shepherd all LifeGroup members, who are the core of Mt Vernon
Associate Pastor (25%)
Assists the Lead Pastor as assigned. Primary responsibilities are:
* Develops best practices to maximize use of the Body of believers at Mt Vernon
* Provides leadership and staff supervision to insure sound financial and business management practices
* Coordinates activities of ministry teams, deacons and elders as directed by Lead Pastor
Other Things You Should Know
* As with all growing churches, flexibility is key. Our aim is to simply keep up with what God is doing in our midst. If you don’t like change and don’t get amped up about new challenges, then this job probably isn’t for you.
* Fun is a big deal at Mt Vernon. Although you may have years (or decades) of ministry experience, you need to be young at heart. We’re a church with many young families. We laugh, we play, and we want you to join in with us.
* You have to be okay with not preaching. The Lead Pastor preaches the majority of Sundays, and our Student Pastor is the designated back-up. The Equipping Pastor position is for someone who can help lead the church but will see limited preaching opportunities.
If you are interested, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as well as a short video of yourself (or link to it) talking about why you think you might be a good fit for Mt Vernon Church.