Associate Pastor of Winnetka Bible Church
In 1904 a small group of believer’s formed what is now the Winnetka Bible Church. WBC is a ministry dedicated to glorifying God by exalting Jesus Christ as Lord. Winnetka Bible Church is a God-centered, Gospel-proclaiming, independent community Church on the North Shore of Chicago. Perhaps you would be interested in joining our staff team, who along with our elders and congregation desire to:
‘Treasure Christ’s Teaching (Worship), Mobilize Christ’s Mission (Missions), Form Christ’s Followers (Family) and Pursue Christ’s People (Community)’
- Effective and engaged pastoral oversight of the Family Ministries of WBC. Working closely with the Family Team Leader and Team (and other teams) in giving shepherding oversight of the discipleship ministries of our church: Youth Ministries (Junior and Senior High); Sunday School; AWANA; Children’s Church; Nursery; Small Groups; Men’s Ministry; Women’s Ministry and Young Adults.
- Taking initiatives for the strengthening and development of these ministries which includes: Training volunteers, shepherding curriculum choices, encouraging and nurturing workers/leaders, inspiring and leading new initiatives.
- Be a part of the planning team for VBS and Youth Missions trips.
- A proven ability to teach/preach effectively in different settings…Classes, Small Groups and the Pulpit.
- Have oversight of two staff members: the Youth Ministry Director and Children’s Ministry Director.
- Assist in the ‘worship design’ process for weekly worship service planning and be part of the ‘series development’ and teaching team for Sunday Mornings.
- Assist in visitation and counseling as needed.
- Resource and maintain the church Book Table/family room with materials helpful to family discipleship.
- Assist the Lead Pastor in any other matters he may need.
- Bachelors Degree in Pastoral/Church Ministries; and/or a Masters Degree (M. Div preferred) or desire to pursue a Master’s degree in Theology.
- 10+ years in pastoral ministry in one or more churches with Associate and possibly Senior Pastor experience.
- A clear understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and a passion to preach, teach and live it.
- A comprehensive knowledge of the Old and New Testament Scriptures with a demonstrated ability to apply it.
- Demonstrated ability to work alongside others equipping and enabling them for ministry.
- A zeal for discipleship and a track record of success in mentoring and shaping others.
- A vision for the Missions and the advance of the Gospel globally.
- A commitment to work beyond ‘allotted’ time for the furtherance of the Kingdom.
- A willingness to submit to the Lead Pastor and Board of Elders in matters of vision/direction in ministry.
- Complete agreement with the Statement of Faith of Winnetka Bible Church.
- A spouse who has a clear sense of calling to join you in ministry and is willing to serve somewhere in the church.
Why this role might be for you?
- Be a part of a growing, vibrant church and be on a team that is going to the next level in its ability to Shepherd God’s flock and bring God’s Kingdom to the North Shore.
- Bringing creativity and skills to expand the developing ministries of WBC.
- Winnetka scored 2nd on the ‘most desirable’ lakeside communities to raise a family in Illinois.
- The local high school, New Trier High School, ranked 15th in the state of Illinois and 406 nationally in academic proficiency.
- WBC will offer you and your family a competitive salary, benefits of health care and a cell phone allowance and 4 (four) weeks of paid vacation with one full ‘weekday’ day off every week.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Operations PastorVertical Church
- Durham Area, North Carolina
- December 2
"Gang Church" Lead PastorInFaith
- Fresno, California
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Associate Pastor for Community Connection and Life DevelopmentFBC Mableton
- Mableton, Georgia
- November 30