Gold Creek Community Church
Mill Creek, Washington
Title Facilities & Grounds Manager
Reports to Executive Pastor
Full Time salaried position (estimated 40 + hours per week). Salary based on experience.
The Facilities and Grounds Manager oversees the day-to-day upkeep, repairs and maintenance of the church building and grounds, striving to keep the campus clean and inviting at all times. The Facilities and Grounds Manager must recruit volunteer support
and develop short and long- term plans for the continued upkeep of the campus. The Facilities and Grounds Manager supervises other Custodial staff and works with the Executive Staff to adequately prepare the facility for ministry programs, church, and community
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Work directly with staff and volunteers for setup/tear down of church events and building functions.
- Regularly inspect the church premises for areas of need or concern. Flexibility on schedule and some weekend availability is anticipated for worship, special events and the potential of facility emergencies.
- Support the ministry goals of Gold Creek through the application of expertise primarily in areas including custodial care and maintenance, grounds, building operations, and mechanical systems.
- Oversee the upkeep, maintenance and repairs for the all Gold Creek Campus’.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems including minor repairs and coordination of volunteers or outside vendors for needed repairs and replacements. When necessary, contact applicable outside vendors to facilitate
repairs, ensuring competitive and fair pricing.
- Organize and retain maintenance records for the building, contacts of outside vendors/volunteers, and annual/seasonal maintenance checklists.
- Implement a team approach to ministry – engaging and utilizing church volunteers to facilitate needed improvements or ongoing maintenance (i.e. scheduled work days, small group serving opportunities, etc.)
- Ensure the facility and grounds are clean, attractive, uncluttered, and well-maintained, inside and out.
- In conjunction with the Property Team, ensure that grounds are maintained, performing basic functions such as cutting grass, care of flowerbeds, weeding, etc.
- In conjunction with key staff and volunteers, development and oversight of (1) long and short-range plans for preventative maintenance and anticipated replacements and repairs and (2) annual property budget.
- In conjunction with key staff coordinate, and help manage several large outreach events throughout the year.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Building and Usage policy and ensure that ministry needs and priorities guide the ongoing scheduling of custodial staff.
- Develop and implement policies to ensure the safety of those using our facilities and overall security
- Experience in facilities management
- Minimum 3 years experience in a related field and or training in a technical field
- Basic computer and e-mail skills and familiarity with MS/Word and Excel
- Prior volunteer experience in church or other non- profit settings preferred
- General knowledge of building maintenance, general carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and custodial skills
- Commitment to our core value of Sacrificial Service that encompasses a team approach to ministry, servant leadership, and volunteer involvement
- Possess a true appreciation for the importance of the upkeep of our church campus
- Be able to teach others and work with grace and patience.
- Commitment to the vision and values of Gold Creek Community Church
- Maintain open and honest communication between Executive Staff, Staff, volunteers, and vendors
- Must have good planning and organizational skills, and be able to prioritize competing demands
- Must be self-starter who is also comfortable working with others
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written