Brookwood Baptist Church in Shreveport, LA is currently looking for its next Children's Minister. The Children’s Minister is responsible for the organizational, operational and spiritual oversight of all ministries for children from birth through fifth grade.
The CM develops and implements vision and strategy for children’s discipleship in cooperation with the Discipleship Pastor and provides leadership, training, and support for the entire children’s staff (paid and volunteer) while serving as a spiritual leader
and role model. In addition, the CM works closely with the Student Minister and Discipleship Pastor to ensure that the overall vision for church-wide discipleship is accomplished.
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Cast vision for children’s ministry strategy and goals.
- Lead a staff of paid children’s ministry employees to accomplish the goals of ministry.
- Recruit, train, schedule and evaluate a full roster of volunteer leaders and servants.
- Encourage and equip paid staff and volunteers through trainings, staff meetings, retreats, and one-on-one coaching.
- Plan, implement and lead special events such as VBS and camp.
- Create annual budget and work with team to remain within budgetary guidelines regarding departmental spending
- Build relationships with parents of children and offer opportunities for families to come together.
Children’s Minister Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Enthusiastic willingness to serve Christ and His Church
- Maturity in Christian character and discernment
- Experience in managing people, projects and budgets
- Familiarity with social media uses and development
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
- Attentiveness to detail and accuracy
- Ability to be flexible in the work environment
- Ability to work within a team toward common goals
- Ability to plan and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience working within a church, para-church or NPO/NGO environment
- Self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Ability to take direction and correction
Ministry Planning: Demonstrate ability to work with Discipleship Ministry team to plan and implement church-wide discipleship structure.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited university. Graduate degree a plus.
- Align with the beliefs, culture and ministry philosophy of BBC